Trends in Wall Decor for 2022
Making changes to your wall decor is a great starting point when it comes to renovating the spaces in your home. Whether you change the color or opt for new textures, you can choose from a wide variety of styles that’ll allow you to encapture the trends for 2022.
Of course, this does need some thought and you shouldn’t improvise. If you want to create more harmony and you’re looking for a professional finish, seek advice from an interior designer or decorator. If you want to decorate and design your walls by yourself, make sure you consider items such as furniture, paintings, and other accessories that’ll combine well and achieve your objective. Still don’t know how or where to start? Here are some ideas to guide you!
Styles and trends in wall decor for 2022
If you want to give the rooms in your home a unique touch or change the decor, you don’t have to undergo major works or modifications. Something as simple as painting the walls can be enough to refresh the style that you want to reflect in each room. In fact, we’ll give you several ideas that’ll stand out in 2022.
1. Trendy colors
The first step to decorating your walls is to change the color. A new tone will make a huge difference in living rooms and bedrooms. However, you must make sure that the finish is absolutely perfect. Therefore, get advice from a professional painter and decorator in your area. Painting walls can be somewhat tedious, so if you’re unsure, it’s better to leave it in the hands of experts.
Either way, try to choose trendy tones, such as the following:
- Black, white and gray: these colors never go out of style and they adapt to almost any room. They’ll give your rooms a touch of elegance and spaciousness.
- Green: there are several shades to choose from. Many people prefer to use green to highlight one of the walls, and combine it with other tones such as white. The reason? It’s associated with nature and balance.
- Blue: this color not only provides elegance but also a sense of serenity when you use it on the walls. It’s a good choice for bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Brown: ideal for houses with large rooms. It can be used on the most prominent wall in the room and you can combine it with white, for example.
2. Gradient paint: trends in wall decor for 2022
If you want a more daring style, you may prefer to decorate your walls using the gradient technique. It consists of gradually going from one color to another. To integrate it into your walls, start by choosing the color transition you want. Ideally, the darkest tone is at the bottom of the wall.
3. Decorating your walls with wood
Highlighting one of your walls with wood is perfect if you want to create warmer spaces. In fact, wood is a very versatile material, as it goes well with nearly every decor style, from minimalist to rustic.
4. Decorative panels: trends in wall decor for 2022
Gone is the trend of having large paintings in rooms. Nowadays, it’s all about decorative panels. These give a different texture due to their 3D design. In addition, they come in different formats, such as urban landscapes, sunsets, works of art, and music, among others.
Another decorating trend that’s still current is wallpaper. It’s perfect for people who love classic or vintage styles. There are some very colorful designs to choose from, including pastel tones and various prints. The choice of one or the other depends on the style you want to implement and, of course, on the space where you’re going to use it.
Which style will you choose?
As you can see, by making simple changes to your walls, your home will feel on-trend and modern. Current trends are very easy to implement and don’t involve spending too much money.
You just need to base your decor on the style you want to reflect and choose the method that best suits you. In addition, you can seek advice from all types of decorating and design professionals so that the final result is as you want.It might interest you...