The Black Sofa - Fitting It into Your Home Decor
The color black has become a benchmark in the world of interior design. As well as favoring other color combinations, it also transmits concepts such as seriousness and elegance. Read on to learn about decorating with a black sofa.
Our living room is composed of a determined number of pieces of furniture that, in general, tend to be in homes throughout the world. The difference is the color scheme and shapes. So we"ll give you some ideas about a black couch as far as interior design and blending pieces.
Maybe you have wanted to change the image of your house and have tried to introduce other resources to change the look of your home. Using black can seem a little daring. But it can help you be able to relate to other colors.
At the same time, you need to highlight the way that this color tends to look good in a certain piece. Therefore, you want to avoid having it dominate the space since it would darken the area too much. Besides, it would create a completely dismal ambiance.
Why choose a black sofa?
Generally, we tend to choose sofas with neutral colors. Gray is the color most in demand. But, what"s going on with black? Why isn"t it common in homes? What makes it so odd?
As we"ve mentioned previously, this color is so intense. If we choose black on a piece of furniture that has major importance in our living room, how can we make it look attractive?
Black fits in very well wherever it is. We have to take into account that when mixing it, the result is more intense. We can use black on the couch, but make the area more dynamic. To do this, we can put some colorful pillows on it to produce that contrast that the living room needs.
Black is a very useful, functional, and efficient color.
At a decorating level, what characteristics does it offer?
As much as it"s sensual as it is aesthetic, a black sofa expresses a lot. Its contribution to the home can be determinate. Besides, it can be a part of the chromatic dialogue that produces the ambiance. It may be unusual, but we"ll soon become accustomed to its color.
- The first thing that we need to take into account is that black is a serious color because it"s opaque and powerful. We"re not talking about a vibrant color, but it will enhance the rest of the decorative pieces that will surround it.
- Don"t be afraid that the sofa will get lost in the equation just because it"s black. It can make us feel more comfortable and add more character to the room. It"s worth stressing how it"s converted into the perfect base to produce clear contrasts.
- In the world of interior design, there"s something somewhat similar in the fashion world: black goes with everything. As an example, if we put the sofa in the middle of the room, the rest of the pieces shouldn"t be that same color. So it"s better if we establish a chromatic dialogue and a decorative equilibrium.
- When it comes to shapes, it doesn"t allow us to differentiate which are the angles and the shapes of the objects. This is due to this dark color that doesn"t let light shape the parts. Otherwise, the light would produce visual effects of light and shadows.
- The elegance is intrinsic in a black sofa. At the same time, it"s timeless.
What can you combine it with?
To get the most benefit from the sofa, we can combine it with accessories such as cushions and throws. This way we"ll generate the contrast that the salon needs. Remember that total domination of black can produce a decorative saturation that doesn"t do anything for the ambiance.
If you use white, the contrast will be very radical. At the same time, it"ll be unique and sophisticated. However, to avoid producing such a direct chromatic change, use gray or beige.
If you want to achieve more seriousness and elegance, you can use other dark tones. For instance, navy blue and maroon. These colors help to communicate seriousness and concentration, backing off on the prominence of the cushions.
Appropriate places to put a black sofa
Normally, the sofa is in the living room. And it tends to be located in the middle of the room facing the television. This way, the rest of the decorative pieces are turned toward it. Black doesn"t cause any problem at an aesthetic level nor will it overwhelm the rest of the furniture.
Another possibility is to place it along the side of the room where it"s relegated to a secondary position. Doing this, its color doesn"t cause it to stand out. Because of this, you"ll need to evaluate the importance of a black couch and the opportunity that it gives you to decorate and combine pieces in your home.
` It might interest you...