Resources And Furniture For A Gym's Locker Room
Any business open to the public must provide comfort and wellness, especially when they greet a lot of people daily. Therefore, let’s take a look at some of the resources and furniture for a gym’s locker room.
Normally, gyms and high-performance training centers need a changing room and a place to store personal belongings. Also, it should be well equipped and functional.
The number of clients will depend on how you maintain the business. It’s not necessary to spend a lot on decoration; on the contrary, you should only take into consideration useful elements.
Locker room benches – the need for functionality
After playing sports, people like to rest, and for that reason, the locker room should have functional benches. In this case, you don’t have to buy chairs or seats. With basic and simple resources you can achieve your goal while furnishing.
Certainly, long benches are the most suitable ones. They can have a metal structure and a wooden or plastic plank as support on the surface. However, you can also find padded benches, that are more comfortable.
The idea is that, while arriving at the building, clients can sit on the benches for a short period of time. It’s also possible to add a coat rack on the upper side of the bench.
Comfort is an essential asset to any business.
Main resources for the floor
Undoubtedly, a lot of people walk through the locker rooms throughout the day. This may cause wear and tear and even deterioration because of the impact, knocks, temperature changes, etc.
To deal with this issue, you need to know what materials are adequate. Some are more sturdy and some are too weak. For this reason, here is a list of different types of floors that meet the requirements.
- Artificial grass: one of the most popular resources and also has a soft feel. However, it may become damaged and is hard to fix, unless the artificial grass is repaired.
- A lot of gyms use asphalt paint. This is a water-resistant paint that is consistent, durable, and comes in different shades. Therefore, you get a neat and original look as well as a decent aesthetic result.
- A ceramic floor is a great option. Not only does it meet decorative requirements, but also it has a great range of colors that you can use. However, water and sweat can make it a little dangerous. It’s a good idea to use a non-slip ceramic floor.
- In the past, some gyms used wooden floors in the locker rooms, but due to their high cost and wear and tear, they’re no longer used.
- Currently, many gyms choose concrete floors, as this is firm, easy to lay, and not expensive.
Furniture for a locker room
To store clothes and other items, it’s a good idea to use wardrobes and lockers. It’s advisable to choose furniture that’s large and functional.
Unlike the lockers that are used in supermarkets, which are small and square, it’s best to choose the biggest ones that have more capacity.
You must provide comfort.
The aesthetic link between space and the gym
Locker rooms need certain resources to provide comfort. Certainly, it’s important to use elements that are fundamental with a minimalistic style, and try not to overload the space.
Regarding decorative standards, it’s advisable to use a warm color that’s pleasant to look at. And finally, you can add decorative vinyls, posters, and sports images to motivate clients.
It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Lava Oliva, Rocío: Interiorismo, Vértice, 2008.