Main Resources to Decorate a Gym
Sports areas are great places both on functional and ornamental levels. Therefore, we should take a look at some of the main resources to decorate a gym.
Our environment influences our emotions. Designers often determine the feelings of the people who spend time in their interiors. Therefore, they need to be aware of the design.
Often, you want to create general harmony. You need to combine usefulness with aesthetic coherence between different elements.
Decorate a gym on a social level
If you look back in history, there wasn’t an obsession with the body as there is today. However, in classical times, the Greeks and Romans did have the idea of perfecting the human physique and placed great importance on sport as a symbol of health.
Nowadays, going to the gym is a habit for many people. Not only does it help burn calories, but it also helps oxygenate the mind and helps us feel good. As a result, most people turn to gyms with better facilities.
There is no doubt that the image offered by an establishment is essential to win customers. It’s no different with gyms. People want the best quality and well-prepared areas for training.
People want to feel comfortable at their gym.
4 ideas to decorate a gym
When decorating a gym, it’s essential to set objectives and ask yourself the following questions: What type of space do you need? What floor is the most suitable? What resources do you need?
To answer these questions, we’re going to look at some useful ideas:
- The first aspect to take into account is transparency. You want an area where lots of people are going to gather to feel spacious. There will also be lots of different elements and all kinds of movement going on. Therefore, you want the area to feel roomy and comfortable.
- The floor also needs to be resistant to impact. For example, you can’t use ceramic. The best materials are usually concrete or asphalt and then wooden pallets or rubber tiles on top. These materials are more resistant to the passage of time and don’t show daily wear and tear.
- Wall stickers are a great option for encouraging motivation. Remember, gyms are areas where people exert effort and spend a lot of time. It’s a good idea to encourage them with inspiring phrases and images of athletes.
- Mirrors are very useful for clients who like to see their reflection while exercising. Also, this is a way to create more depth and spaciousness. It creates a very interesting effect.
Lighting to decorate a gym
Physical exercise requires light to see what you’re doing and to activate the body and mind. In this case, you don’t want to use different lighting styles or differentiate the intensity of light in the space.
White lights are a good option. People usually arrange them on the ceiling to cover all corners. This way, you have full visibility and athletes feel stimulated. Another idea is to get retractable ones.
On the other hand, directional spotlights to specific areas can also work well. This is a way of drawing attention to one specific resource you want to highlight. For example, you can place a spotlight on the gym logo or any other sports motif.
You need to consider your color choices well. Many people resort to white or gray to avoid taking any risks. This is a good way to make sure that the background goes well with the machines and weights.
However, another option is to cover the walls with dark tones, such as black, blue, or maroon, to encourage concentration.
On the other hand, if you want to convey a positive and active attitude, you can go with some colors, such as orange, yellow, or green. In any case, you should use colors that match the gym’s logo.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Lava Oliva, Rocío: Interiorismo, Vértice, 2008.