Floor Mirrors - a Trend to Reflect the Beauty of Your Home
Floor mirrors are fantastic decorative elements for any space in your home. Gone are the days when they were just simple pieces of glass where you could study your reflection. Today, they’re decorative items that open up so many different possibilities.
This season, large-format mirrors have taken over decorating and home stores around the world. Today, we want to show you some of the different options on the market right now, and how you can use them to give your rooms a bright and sophisticated feel.
Floor mirrors – the accent features you can’t live without
Mirrors are often found in bathrooms, dressing rooms, and even hallways, but they’re not always given the attention they deserve. In many cases, they tend to be forgotten or overlooked, meaning all their potential goes to waste.
Mirrors are a great way to bring light to any room, making them feel bright, beautiful, and spacious. There’s a wide variety of standing mirrors on the market, with all kinds of different styles, frames and shapes to update your interior decor and give your home a more modern and innovative feel.
Natural wood floor mirrors
If you’re looking to bring a sense of warmth and charm to your home, it doesn’t get much better than full-length floor mirrors with a natural wood frame. More than any other material, wood has a warm, inviting feel to it, perfect for rustic-style homes. However, the overall style of the mirror will largely depend on the finish of the wood, as some can also work well with Nordic decor.
Almost like magic, wood-framed standing mirrors can give your home that coveted artisanal look that makes them feel so unique. Here are a couple of options we’ve picked out for you:
1. At Maisons du Monde, you’ll find this stunning retro-inspired mirror. With its rounded corners and metal frame, this simple design could be the perfect way to decorate your hallways. What do you think?
2. As you can see in the image above, El Corte Inglés has another practical proposal for us. The best thing about this charming oak wood mirror is the built-in storage space. At the bottom, you’ll find a handy shelf where you can keep clothes and accessories or even storage baskets. On the back, you’ll also find a hook where you can place hangers, as well as a rail where you can hang pants and other items. This could be the perfect addition to your bathroom.
Curving lines and fun, original shapes have become a firm favorite when it comes to floor mirrors. You can find them in most homes and decorating stores, with designs to suit every taste and style. From bold, innovative shapes for the modern designer, to romantic oval mirrors, there is something for everyone:
1. This large, irregular floor mirror has a black metal frame. Sold at Zara Home, it’s perfect for decorating bedrooms.
2. Zara Home also offers mirrors with a more natural feel, like this one. While the mirror itself is rectangular, the irregular wood structure makes it ideal for scandi decoration.
Floor mirrors – statement pieces
Among all the floor mirrors on the market right now, some are true works of art, with beautifully carved frames, intricate metalwork, and all kinds of stunning shapes and designs…
These accent pieces will take center stage in your decor, and are guaranteed to turn heads. As such, it’s important to think carefully about where you want to put them.
1. The Laos mirror from Maisons du Monde (featured at the beginning of this article) is ideal if you’re looking to give your home a more exotic feel. The stunning frame is carved with ethnic themes inspired by the Americas, and its generous size makes it the perfect statement piece for dressing rooms, or even living rooms.
2. The IKEA Karsmund floor mirror pictured above has beautifully crafted wrought iron metalwork on the top. Plus, the handy hooks and rail on the back of the frame will give you the perfect place to hang your clothes for the next day. It’s exactly what your bedroom’s been missing.
With these floor mirrors, you can give your interiors that perfect finishing touch, regardless of your taste or style.
Find the design that best suits your space, and have fun playing around with the different shapes and materials. You’ll soon see just how much light and beauty they can bring to your home.It might interest you...