How to Decorate your Driveway and Garage Door
When decorating your home, you can’t forget about the exterior. After all, the outside is the first thing that people see when visiting your house. It’s important to ensure it makes a good first impression. One of the most interesting things to consider is how you’re going to decorate the driveway and garage door.
There are so many different possibilities to choose from. However, the first thing you’ll need to think about is the space you’ve got to work with. One of the most important aspects is the door – you may have more than one, and they come in a variety of different sizes.
Similarly, you can also decorate the driveway itself, using different resources to turn it into a more attractive and eye-catching feature. There’s one main goal here – to find the perfect combination of aesthetics and functionality.
Decorating your driveway – the garage door
Garage doors can be decorated with all kinds of original themes, colors, and designs. However, the most popular trend is to create a modern and functional door, painted to match the color of the house perfectly.
That said, many people like to decorate their garage doors with a specific pattern or image. There are even graffiti artists who specialize in creating fantastic pieces of artwork on garage doors, from mind-bending optical illusions to stunning landscapes and realistic portraits.
In any case, painting your door in attractive colors can have a huge impact on your home exterior, and help make a great first impression. Needless to say, you have to be careful to choose a color that complements the rest of the house. Otherwise, you may inadvertently create aesthetic tension.
– It’s important to consider the style of your home. There must be a sense of coherence between the exterior and interior.
4 ways to decorate your driveway
The driveway is a functional feature which allows you to drive vehicles into the garage. Some prefer a simple, basic driveway with cement paving and little to no decorative elements. Meanwhile, others like to include ornaments to decorate their drive. Let’s take a look at some of the different options:
- Plants are a great choice. You could combine several different species, or simply the outside of the drive with hedges. Flowers and other plants can be arranged in pots or planters, forming a natural, colorful path up to your house.
- Another option is to build a wooden or wrought iron fence to separate the driveway from the rest of the garden. That way, you can stop pets or children from running off while entering or leaving the vehicle.
- At night, you need to be able to see your drive. As such, you shouldn’t rule out the possibility of installing lights along the length of your drive to create an attractive and well-lit path.
- One of the more original (and more complex) options would be installing a waterfall-style fountain along the wall of your drive. You can combine this with plants to create a rustic and natural feel.
Paving your drive
As we mentioned earlier, concrete is the most popular option when it comes to paving driveways. It’s practical and basic, with no additional adornments. However, there are ways to embellish the overall aesthetic without making alterations to the paving itself.
Paving stones can be a really interesting option. They come in all different styles and materials, which contribute to the overall aesthetic. Similarly, you could also use stone or slate slabs.
Ceramic can also be used in garages. However, it’s a fragile material and tends to crack and break over time.
Covering the driveway with a low roof is also a possibility. Not many people choose this option, however, preferring to leave their drive open to the elements.
You could choose a metal canopy roof with open sides or a more solid structure with four walls. It simply depends on the type of structure you want to have. If you want to protect the interior and make the very most of the space, we would recommend closing it off completely. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more practical option, a simple canopy roof should be enough.
In conclusion, decorating the driveway and garage door is a fantastic opportunity to customize your home and make an incredible first impression.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Neff, Ludwig; Neufert, Peter: Casa. Vivienda. Jardín: el proyecto y las medidas en la construcción, Gili, 2006.