Stamped Or Plain Colored Chairs?
Chair tapestry is one of the main elements when you’re styling and decorating a room. Have you ever wondered if you want stamped or plain colored chairs? After all, it depends on what decoration style you have.
Normally, people don’t want to take risks as regards the interior design of a house. They usually choose basic and simple designs. They prefer to use neutral colors, and occasionally, they use a more striking color.
To be honest, do you know what do you want to express? How do you define the aesthetic of the house correctly? Rather than using the same old formula, you have the option to innovate and include a basis that will transform any cozy room.
Stamped chairs – adding content
Stamps are figurative or diagrammatic representations that have a well-defined and recognizable form. There are multiple types. It all depends on what type of content you want to offer and the feeling you want to convey.
Nowadays, what’s normal is to find stamped curtains, sofas, pillows, quilts, carpets, etc. in a house. With stamped chairs, you can achieve a meaningful and distinguished decoration.
The stamped part of a chair is the seat and back – the padded and comfortable spots.
Bear in mind that chairs don’t stand out. But they can offer a different aesthetic approach in the dining room, living room, or kitchen.
It is time to open up to new possibilities and include stamps as decorative complements.
Plain colored chairs – simplicity and precision
If you don’t want to include a theme in a room, you can decorate through the use of color. Chairs are used daily and that is the reason why they need some attention. Use color tones that suit the whole piece. Let’s see how to work with them:
- It’s advisable to decide the style that you like, as it will define the color that you are going to use. Also, your personality influences the decision, because if you are looking for calmness and tranquility, you can’t use striking colors.
- Normally, the chairs are made of wood, but there are other chairs made of metallic materials, plastic, or methacrylate. The relationship with the fabric should be perfectly studied since poorly worked chromatic contrasts can generate aesthetic tension.
- If you use dark tones, they convey greater serenity and calm (navy blue, gray, black …), while the most intense and striking tones can be appropriate for youth rooms, terraces, patios, or spaces with a chic or pop style.
- The color will be the star. If you don’t want to attract attention, it’s preferable to resort to simple tones neutral tones, blue … This formula is good for offices.
- On the other hand, these formulas allow you to better understand the relationship of the chairs with the rest of the decoration. Therefore, the environment is not conditioned to any particular theme.
Choosing patterns or solid colors
To answer this question, this will be the choice depending on the type of decoration you want. If you want to offer a naturalistic and carefree look, there are floral, vegetable, animal, and figurative prints, etc.
If you want something more neutral without generating outstanding visual appeal, there are patterns with geometric, linear, or abstract shapes, and with recognizable themes.
However, if you don’t want to reflect specific content, choosing plain tones is the best option. It ensures a certain cohesion with the rest of the decoration without attracting attention and creates a cozy home.
Is it possible to combine them?
Is it possible to combine patterns and solid colors? It is, but always under aesthetic coherence patterns.
But there must be good harmony and an effective connection between the two.
It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Atkins, Caroline: Colorea tu hogar, Londres, Ceac, 2007.