Sealed Bottle Gardens
In the world of gardening, home decor ideas are always popular. You don’t have to close your ideas off to certain types of potted plants. Instead, try to innovate and use creative decor. Today, we want to show you how to make a bottle garden.
Bottle gardens have become a decor resource that offers something different. And they’re not complicated to make either.
We often mull over ways to change our interior decor but lack the ideas. Bottle gardens are a great solution but will need a good eye to pull together. These gardens will also help create a positive home environment.
What is a bottle garden?
We normally think of gardens as open, exterior spaces with grass, flowers and other types of plants. But garden bottles are an entirely different concept.
They consist of planting inside a closed container, such as bottles or something similar. They’re completely closed off so, how can you take care of your plants?
Your plants will stay healthy if you create a small eco-system that never dries out. With constant humidity, your plants receive their water while staying protected from any external threats. As a result, they can grow very well.
If you want to add something different to your home, a bottle garden is the way to go.
5 steps for creating a bottle garden
While there are some tricky aspects to creating a bottle garden, it’s simple if you follow the steps and first gather all the necessary items. Check out the process:
- First and foremost, have a container ready to plant your garden. The size doesn’t matter; you can use a large tank or even a small lightbulb. But do make sure that the glass is clear so that you can monitor your garden from the outside.
- Next, add small rocks that will help keep the plants upright and with drainage. After, cover the rocks with some earth and pieces of wood. You can use earth from your yard and the wood from a tree. Make sure that everything you use comes from a humid area.
- Once you have your ground set, add the plants. You don’t have to use just one species of plant; different species can coexist with no problem.
- Some examples of plants that you can use include moss, smaller-sized plants like clovers or anything that calls out to you. This garden is ultimately a piece of home decor. As such, take the time to think about the visual impact it can have on your home atmosphere.
- Finally, add some water. You don’t need a lot of water but only a few drops to sprinkle over the plants and earth. Now, close the bottle.
Interesting decor and possibilities
Bottle gardens offer plenty of decor possibilities. Both the container and its content can have a big impact on your home decor. In light of that, make sure to choose your elements carefully.
The recipient you use will have the strongest visual effect. If you want something more subtle, try a simple tank. Or, if you want something a little more flamboyant, try a lightbulb, drink bottle, jar, fish tank, etc.
There are so many possibilities; but remember, the most interesting part is on the inside. Try filling it with plenty of green as the humidity that the plants produce will help keep a healthy, fresh eco-system.
To wrap up, remember that you can also decorate your garden with figurines, objects or colorful stones. At the end of the day, decorating it to suit your tastes is the most important.