Different Types of Toilet Roll Holders For Your Bathroom
Bathrooms have very specific requirements when it comes to the furniture, fittings and decorations, so it’s important to pay attention to even the smallest of details. Today, we’ll show you some of the different types of toilet roll holders you can buy for your bathroom.
When it comes to decorating bathrooms, we generally focus on the furniture, the wall color, and other prominent features. However, we can’t underestimate the importance of smaller decorations and accessories. If chosen carefully, they can help to truly define your space, bringing a real sense of character and charm. While you might not think of them as the most attractive of objects, toilet roll holders are an essential item in bathrooms all over the world, and there are a wide range of designs to choose from.
Bathroom decor – keep it simple
The simplest designs can work perfectly in any style of bathroom. In fact, it’s important to remember that toilet roll holders shouldn’t really be all that prominent in your decor. While you should still take the time to choose them carefully, sometimes the most basic designs can actually be the best option.
Simple and understated, free-standing steel holders (like the one in the image above) are one of the most popular options for homes. They usually come with a toilet brush and holder, and have additional space to store spare rolls of paper.
Another, much simpler option, is to install a small shelf on the wall next to the toilet where you can store a few rolls of toilet paper at a time. Remember, you don’t always need to look for extravagant designs. A simple shelf will do just fine, and will work well with any decor style.
If you don’t want to risk spoiling the look of your bathroom, the simplest decorations are best.
5 original toilet roll holders
Toilet roll holders come in a whole range of different designs. In fact, you’ll find that some of them are really fun and original. Let’s take a look at a few different ideas:
- Vinyl record toilet roll holder – if you want to bring a touch of character to your bathroom, you could repurpose old vinyl records to create your very own DIY toilet roll holder. You’ll need to attach one record to the wall to act as a base for your holder. Then, take another record and cut it in half. You can then use the two halves to create the bracket for your toilet roll.
- Tree branch toilet roll holder – this may be the simplest option of all. All you need to do is attach a branch to your wall, or place it in a large vase (like the one in the image above). Make sure it’s securely attached to the wall, and that the branches are narrow enough to hold the toilet roll. This is a great way to bring a natural touch to your bathroom.
- Themed toilet roll holder – whether steel, wood, or plastic, you can also find toilet roll holders featuring a range of different themes and motifs.
- Wrought iron toilet roll holder – wrought iron features make a wonderful addition to any home. There are so many different options to choose from, with geometric and floral designs being the most popular. Available in a range of different styles and sizes, they will give your home an air of elegance and formality.
- Camera toilet roll holder – if you have an old-fashioned camera you no longer use, you could repurpose it to turn it into a wall-mounted toilet paper holder. Needless to say, you’ll need to make sure your camera is big enough to hold a roll of toilet paper. The paper itself can then be dispensed through the opening where the photos would originally come out.
Toilet roll holder magazine rack
One way to save space and make the most of your toilet roll holder is to combine it with a magazine rack. It shouldn’t be too hard to find a way to combine them – it’s simply a question of joining them together.
With a little imagination, you can make all kinds of decorative objects. The first step is to think about the various resources you have at your disposal. When it comes to a toilet roll holder magazine rack, you could use something as simple as bucket or basket.
Your bucket or basket will take on a dual function – while the container itself can be used to store all your magazines and newspapers, the handle can serve as a handy toilet paper holder.
Toilet paper holders – what can you buy in stores?
Many high street stores offer a fantastic range of interesting items that are perfect for decorating your bathroom. If you want to stand out from the crowd and create a bathroom with a difference, don’t be afraid to shop around, and go out in search of new sources of inspiration.
More and more companies are striving to break the mold, and produce an exciting range of unique products. Take a look around your local decorating stores, and you’ll find all kinds of original decorations for your home.It might interest you...