Tips for Removing Mold From Bathtub Silicone
The silicone surrounding the bathtub is particularly susceptible to mold, so it’s a good idea to know how to prevent and eliminate it. Even if mold isn’t present, our tips for removing mold will be useful so you can follow a prevention process and avoid potential issues.
Our tips will enable you to enjoy your bathtub and the incomparable moments of relaxation that you spend immersed in it.
Useful tips for removing mold from bathtub silicone
A bathtub is a place of peace and tranquility and it must be kept clean to avoid the appearance of microorganisms that can affect your health. Mold grows in moist areas, and it’s particularly attracted to the silicone surrounding a bathtub. As such, it’s vital to remove this unwanted visitor in order to avoid the serious damage it can cause.
In addition to being a pollutant, mold is slippery, so it can cause an accident. Equally, it’s dark in appearance and if your bathtub is white, it’ll look dirty and uninviting.
Follow these tips for removing mold on the silicone around your bathtub and apply them regularly. Not only will you remove it, but you’ll also prevent its appearance.
1. Vinegar and baking soda mix
White vinegar mixed with baking soda is a brilliant ally when it comes to your cleaning routine. Here’s how to use it in order to begin removing mold from the silicone around your bathtub:
- Mix 1/4 of warm water with 3/4 of white vinegar and two tablespoons of baking soda in a bottle.
- Shake it well so that all elements are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the moldy silicone areas.
- Let the product act for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, use a brush to scrub the stained areas.
- If the mold persists (it can happen in extreme cases where cleaning has been neglected or in a property that has been empty for some time), repeat the steps above.
- When the mold has cleared, rinse with water.
2. Water with ammonia (for extreme cases)
Ammonia is a chemical product and as such, you should handle it with caution and care. Wear gloves and protective glasses and ensure your skin is protected from any possible splashes. Here’s how to use it in order to begin removing mold from the silicone around your bathtub:
- Mix water and ammonia together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the affected silicone areas of the bathtub.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then clean it with water.
3. Removing mold from silicone: use water with bleach
To prevent and remove mold from the silicone around your bathtub, try using a mild mix of water and bleach. This mixture is effective against this microorganism, just follow these simple steps:
- Mix a small splash of bleach in plenty of water.
- Use a stick to stir it.
- Apply it onto the affected areas and leave it to act.
- Finally, remove and rinse with plenty of water.
Keep in mind that it won’t hurt to let this mild bleach mixture enter the water pipes. In fact, by doing this, you’ll also clean your drainage pipes at the same time.
Which of our tips for removing mold will you try?
We trust that our tips for removing mold from the silicone around your bathtub are useful. Moreover, these tips don’t just apply to bathtub silicone, you can use them on any silicone to prevent and remove mold.
However, our main recommendation for preventing and avoiding mold is to use an anti-mold silicone. So, next time you apply silicone, choose a brand that’ll prevent mold from appearing.
Finally, remember to be consistent when it comes to cleaning your bathtub and leave it empty and dry after each use. A dry bathtub will harbor fewer bacteria, which in turn, makes for an inviting space to relax and improve your well-being.It might interest you...