Tips for Choosing Colors in Each Room
Home decoration isn’t an easy task, especially if you want to do it on your own. It never hurts to know about the concepts of aesthetics and combinations. So we’re going to show you some tips for choosing colors in each room.
Every space of the house has different functions: resting, hygiene, leisure, storage, cooking, etc. This means that you’ll need to design each room according to your particular taste and personality.
It’s essential that every room is comfortable. You can do this not just with furniture, but also with the colors on the walls and the rest of the elements.
Each room has its own character
When it comes to designing your home, each room has its own needs. Of course, your personality influences each design as well. As a result, you’ll design the room in your own way and offer a unique dynamism that aligns with your identity.
The character of each room is linked to the color. It’s correct to use similar colors or related colors to convey the perfect look. There’s a huge variety of colors so you have plenty of options!
The best way to show your character and avoid your home from looking too uniform is by individualizing each room. That way, you can get a result that isn’t boring and traditional.
You can modernize your home through an orignal aesthetic.
Choosing colors for each room
Choosing colors is a personal decision. Your goal is to create different looks and feelings in each room. As a result, you should consider your choices carefully. Let’s look at 4 useful tips:
- The living room is a perfect place for celebrations or relaxing. Also, it’s generally where you spend time with guests. As a result, you should use warm tones. However, it’s also important for it to feel light and airy. Therefore, something close to white is perfect.
- Bedrooms should be calm and peaceful. So you’ll want to consider a range of darker colors, whether they are warm or cool. Your bedroom is a private, personal place, meaning you can choose the color that suits you the best.
- In the bathroom, it’s best to remember that its primary use is for hygiene. You should use white to present a clean, soft image. When choosing a second color, you have a bit more freedom in what you want to use.
- Your entryway is a space that serves as a preamble to what you’ll find in the rest of the house. In this case, you have two options. You can use an intense tone that awakens the senses or just use a color that is in harmony with the rest of the rooms.
Choosing colors for the kitchen
Choosing a color for the kitchen depends on the room. One option is to make it an innovative, surprising place by using striking shades such as yellow, red, or orange.
On the other hand, you can choose a combination of colors and materials for the space. For example, you can combine turquoise with dark wood countertops and adding gray or even green,
However, the kitchen isn’t generally a good place to take decor risks. You need harmony between the colors and you don’t want a messy look. In other words, you want to avoid any colors that clash with the rest of your rooms.
Houses need a feeling of harmony.
A useful tip: choose what you like!
By choosing colors, you’re creating a certain character and aesthetic in your home. You might not know how to combine colors like a professional decorator, but you do know what you like.
The key to choosing the perfect colors for your home is picking what you like the most. If there’s one that you identify with and that you know could work well in your home, don’t hesitate! You don’t need to copy looks from magainzes. Instead, try to create a personal, unique look.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Atkins, Caroline: Colorea tu hogar, Londres, Ceac, 2003.