Tabletop Fireplaces for your Living Room
Normally found in gardens and restaurant terraces, tabletop fireplaces have two main functions – to decorate, and keep you warm in winter.
Also known as bioethanol fireplaces, tabletop fireplaces are becoming more and more popular in modern and minimalist-style homes and businesses. Elegant and highly efficient, they’re quickly becoming the fireplace of choice for restaurants, homes, hotels and function rooms.
Bioethanol fireplaces were first created as an alternative to decorative fireplaces, which looked fantastic, but weren’t all that great for keeping you warm.
Bioethanol is made from biomass (vegetables like sugar cane, sweet sorghum, beetroot, or cellulose such as agricultural waste and wood).
Tabletop fireplaces – features
Some of the main advantages of tabletop fireplaces include:
- Because they run on bioethanol, they don’t produce bad smells or harmful residue.
- As they don’t give off smoke, they don’t require an extractor fan.
- Because they are surrounded by glass, you can see them from every angle.
- They’re easy to install, and don’t require the help of a professional.
- They require minimum upkeep. Simply use a funnel to fill them up with bioethanol fuel.
- Elegant and decorative, they adapt to any style.
- They’re easy to transport if you want to move them from one table to another, or store them away in summer.
- If you add a few drops of essential oil, you can even use them to fill your home with a relaxing fragrance.
- They have low CO2 emissions, so they’re really environmentally-friendly.
- They’re safe for both children and pets.
- They cool down quickly once turned off (although this can also be a disadvantage).
Of course, there are some downsides to tabletop fireplaces. For example, they can give off a slight smell of alcohol (although this does disperse quickly when outside). Plus, they are an expensive item for the average family home.
Because of this, they’re more common in places such as hotels and restaurants, allowing guests to stay warm and comfortable out on the terrace in winter.
If you want to buy a tabletop fireplace, you’ll find dozens of models to choose from. They come in all different shapes and sizes, so you can find one for any living room, dining room or terrace.
1. Square or rectangular design
These are the most traditional of all the tabletop fireplaces on the market. They come in a range of different sizes, so you’re guaranteed to find one to suit the size of your room.
The idea is that the square or rectangular tabletop fireplace won’t get in the way when it comes to eating or keeping objects on your table. They are made up of two glass panels with a metal device in the middle where the flames burn.
2. Circular design
Another great option for minimalist homes, this design is for all those who love curved lines. They come in a variety of different materials, including metal, ceramic and stone. You can even find those with a decorative pebble flame bed so that the fire looks as if it’s emerging from a pile of stones.
3. Tabletop fire pit
If you’re looking for something a little less “artificial” and you like the idea of eating dinner with a crackling fire at the center of your table, this is the perfect option for you.
These tabletop fireplaces consist of a rectangular “pit” in the center, where the flames burn on a bed of faux coals. They come in a variety of different colors and designs.
4. Integrated tabletop fireplaces
This is a slightly more expensive option, as it requires you to buy a table as well as a fireplace. However, the good thing about this design is that you can be sure your fireplace will stay firmly in place, and won’t cause you any problems in the future. Plus, as you won’t be able to move it, there’ll be less chance of any accidents.
Whether inside or outside, tabletop fireplaces are all the rage in the world of home heating systems. Choose the design you like best and stay warm this winter.It might interest you...