Choose Your Countertop According to the Color of Your Kitchen
If you’re in the process of changing your kitchen countertop, remember that in addition to the material, it’s very important to choose it according to the color scheme of your kitchen. Among the options you have are colors such as black, white, different shades of blue, and natural tones.
In this article, we’re going to give you some different options. We’ll also suggest some interesting and creative combinations. Ready? Here we go!
Choose your perfect countertop for wooden kitchens
If you have a kitchen with wooden cabinets, you don’t have to sacrifice color! You just have to be careful with the combinations to find the perfect one. Some of the options you have are the following:
- Gray countertop: if a contemporary style with classic touches is your thing, the kitchen countertop color you should choose for your wooden kitchen is gray. This will give a special touch to your food prep area. If you don’t want it to look too dark, you can paint the walls light colors, such as white, to introduce more light.
- White countertop: wood has a very elegant touch, but if it’s very dark or your kitchen is dimly lit, it’ll look small. This is why a white countertop, walls, or tiles will fill it with light and make it look much more elegant and modern.
- Black countertop: the rustic style of wood is loved by many people, but they’ll like it even more if they opt for a black countertop. This will work as long as the space isn’t too small and there are large windows providing plenty of natural light.
- A blue kitchen with a wooden countertop: this combination will give your space a delightful contrast and will make it look cozy. Be careful with the cleaning products you use, as wood is very delicate.
Choose your countertop according to how dark your kitchen is
Some people like dark spaces and when it comes to kitchens, they may have a valid point. Dark kitchens can look very elegant and they also have an added advantage in that they hide the dirt.
Next, we’ll explain which countertop colors to choose according to the darkness level in your kitchen.
- Dark blue: although this color is elegant, it’s also guilty of stealing light. This is why you’ll need to create a contrast with a white countertop or one with very light tones. Add this same color to your tiles or ceiling.
- Black kitchen: in this case, a white countertop is a must. Not only because it adds light and clarity, but because it’ll make it look much more elegant and modern. If your kitchen furniture and cabinets are made of wood, it’ll give a feeling of warmth.
- Another option for black kitchens! Marble countertops are made of a material that’s used to cover kitchen surfaces well. If they extend over the sides, it’ll bring a lot of elegance and sophistication. When accompanied by good natural light, its quartz and porcelain finish will make your space stand out with luminosity.
- Black kitchen with a black countertop! That’s right, a black countertop in a black kitchen is beyond elegant and mystical. Now, small shades of light can also be added using white or beige in some decorative elements.
Kitchens in light colors
We’re going to conclude by explaining which countertop you should choose according to the light colors you have in your kitchen. Take note!
- White kitchen and a white countertop: the best option for those who love light. It doesn’t matter if you prefer a matte or gloss finish, this union offers spaciousness. It’s one of the most common mixes and it’ll never go out of style; it’s timeless.
- White and granite: here you have endless possibilities because although granite brings elegance, the color you choose will give you that personal touch. You can mix styles and designs freely.
- White kitchen with a wooden countertop: you don’t have to use real wood, because today we have sintered quartz and porcelain that imitate it well! This will give the touch of warmth that a white kitchen needs.
- A beige kitchen with a white countertop: the ideal option for those who aren’t lovers of total whitewash, but who love light and elegance. This combination doesn’t escape sobriety and contemporaneity either.
- A taupe kitchen with a white countertop: similar to the style we just mentioned. Just add a darker tone to your kitchen furniture in order to play with clarity and good taste.
We’ve described the best options for you to choose your countertop according to the color of your kitchen. Equally, for the image you want to project, enhance or hide. With the advice we’ve given you, you’ll easily be able to make the heart of your home look stunningly beautiful.It might interest you...