Avant-Garde Faucets for your Bathroom
True innovation can take our homes to a whole new level. It doesn’t just come in the form of art or furniture; it can also be found in bathrooms. So, in this article, we’ll show you some of the most avant-garde bathroom faucets on the market.
The design of all the different elements that make up our homes determines whether it looks old-fashioned or modern. It’s all comes down to aesthetics. When it comes to avant-garde designs, it’s all about creating something extraordinary.
Nowadays, more and more interior designers prefer working with contemporary styles, reducing lines to the bare minimum and increasing the amount of living space. In doing this, they are moving away from 20th Century modernist thinking and moving towards new ideas and styles.
Give your home a touch of innovation
Avant-garde artistic movements tried to break with academic molds in an attempt to transform reality. Some movements were more extravagant, while others were simpler. However, they both shared a common root: a desire for change.
Your house can become the home of some of the most avant-garde designs on the market. Any room can serve as the perfect place to show off its aesthetic principles.
So, why not try out these concepts in your bathroom, and use them to establish a sense of harmony with the rest of your home? You don’t need to decorate every room in the same style; it’s best to try to create a sense of balance and continuity throughout.
The avant-garde style offers us the chance to break with the norm.
Throughout history, faucets have been curved in design, pouring the water into the center of the sink. Nowadays, you can find this type of faucet in houses around the world. So, why not try something new?
- One of the most original designs is the right-angled faucet. The straight lines and 90º angle create a strong, stable structure.
- The right-angled faucet completely abandons the traditional curved shape that we have come to know, instead creating a quasi-square structure which gives the faucet more directionality.
- The customary curved design has no place in this practical system. It still fulfills its purpose of depositing water into the sink, but its design is simpler, more elegant and more efficient.
- This style moves away from the more dynamic curved design.
Some of the most interesting avant-garde faucet designs are those that are inspired by nature. Among these, you will find faucets that are almost like miniature waterfalls. Rather than the typical compression faucet system, the water flows more naturally.
- Unlike compression faucets, they have an open spout to direct the water into the sink.
- They can have a handle at either side, but you’ll also find some with a simple lever, which you can turn to the left or right, depending on whether you want hot or cold water.
- These faucets aim to create a more relaxing effect. They attempt to break with the norm, offering a more innovative, original and interesting design.
The minimalist look
Of course, we couldn’t talk about avant-garde designs without also talking about minimalism. Minimalism is characterized by its simplicity, functionality, and its desire to strip everything back to its bare essentials.
- With no unnecessary extra features, they reduce the lines to their simplest form.
- The designs are much more clearly defined, using geometry, and in particular quadrangles, as a reference point.
The avant-garde style doesn’t need be showy or shocking, it simply aims to stand out from the crowd.
Back to basics
Some faucets are comprised of nothing more than a simple and practical curved spout. This could be in the shape of a perfect arch or a curve that flattens out into a straight line.
As for the handle, this could be a single handle that you turn to release or shut off the water, with a simple, ergonomic design. However, you can also fun double handles attached to the spout itself or to the sink.
So, as you can see, the bathroom can be a great place to try out the avant-garde style.It might interest you...