3 Ways to Bring a Touch of Originality to Your Bedroom
Break the monotony and use these original and innovative items to give your home a breath of fresh air.
If you want to give your home a more innovative feel, these three ideas might be just what you need. In this article, we’ll show you how to give your bedroom a touch of originality and convert your space into a place of sophistication, youth, and style.
There are so many ways to decorate a bedroom. Of all the rooms in the house, it’s the one that boasts the greatest potential and requires the least amount of furniture. Unlike the living room or the kitchen, you can furnish your bedroom with very few items, without compromising on comfort.
The decoration you create in your bedroom can help to establish a connection with the rest of the rooms in the house. To do this, you need to use the most original items at your disposal, without creating tension or discord with your other furniture.
The importance of originality in decoration
Decorating a home is about filling it with the items we like, and the things that interest us. Sometimes, however, we make the mistake of being too safe, never daring to make changes.
Change is a good thing. Don’t let yourself fall into the trap of boring, monotonous decor. Instead, try to generate a sense of energy. There’s nothing better than trying out new things, especially when it comes to decorating your house.
In the same way that we enjoy buying ourselves new clothes or trying out a new look, you can give your interior decor a makeover, and find a style that brings you joy on a daily basis.
Seek out new challenges, and don’t be afraid to change.
When we try to furnish and decorate our bedrooms, we often focus solely on the basics, without realizing the importance including those unique features that make our room stand out from the crowd. One example is the headboard.
- Headboards come in a range of shapes and colors. However, if you really want to be original, it’s important to look for something a little more out of the ordinary.
- One way you could do this is through fabric or upholstery. Fabrics come in a whole range of fun designs, with bright colors and geometric patterns, landscape scenes and beautiful illustrations.
- Wood is another great option. Paint timber slats in bright colors, or distress the wood for a faded, vintage effect. Alternatively, you could make your headboard out of wooden pallets, or even an old door.
- Bamboo can also be a useful material, giving your room a more informal, exotic and natural feel. It’s guaranteed to give your bedroom a real sense of originality.
Almost any item can be used as a headboard.
2. The importance of originality: vinyl wall decals
If you’re looking to break the mold and create a bedroom with a difference, vinyl decals can be really useful. In fact, you can even use them to create headboards.
- Leave one wall bare so that you have plenty of space to display your decals. Remember, they should never be hidden behind furniture or other objects. Try to make sure they can be seen from every angle so that you don’t lose any of their impact.
- Vinyl decals featuring cities, monuments and other landmarks are some of the most popular designs.
- Another option is to write messages or quotes on your wall. Bear in mind that your vinyl decal will be one of the first things you see when you wake up in the morning, so it’s important to choose something motivational for your bedroom wall. In fact, you could even put it on the ceiling.
- Other examples include movie, art, and music-inspired designs. You’ll find many options to choose from in contemporary decorating stores and online.
3. Painting your walls in pastel tones
Want to paint your walls a color that will stand out, without being garish and over the top? People normally choose colors such as maroon, white and gray for their bedrooms, but pastel colors are a great way to give your bedroom that touch of originality.
- One fantastic pastel color is salmon pink. Despite what many people may think, salmon pink isn’t a strong, intense color – quite the opposite in fact! Salmon is soft, gentle and relaxing.
- Another interesting pastel color is beige. This tone can be used to create more neutral decor, making it easier to establish a sense of dialog between all the different items of furniture.
- Finally, we would like to mention one last color: turquoise. Though this might be a more daring option, turquoise is great for generating a sense of comfort and freshness. You don’t need to use a particularly intense shade – try to go for a softer and more delicate tone.
Use items that can bring a touch of originality to your home.