Removing Limescale from Your Bathroom
Removing limescale is a common problem that troubles many minds. Hygiene and cleanliness should define your bathroom but as much as you may try, water itself can leave behind crusty white residue on the surfaces.
If you’re tired of having to check and clean your bathrooms every day to keep limescale at bay, it’s time to change your approach and prevent it from forming in the first place.
Your bathroom should always be sparkling clean. There’s nothing worse than a dirty, neglected bathroom. Removing limescale is just another part of creating a healthy, comfortable space.
The first step – analyze
First things first, analyze the state of your bathroom. If limescale is a constant problem, how you clean might not be the problem, it might be the water.
Limescale usually dries white, looking like a chalky layer. Some places have harder water than others. Find out about the water in your area.
After confirming that limescale is a reoccurring problem, you can go ahead and start the elimination process and try to prevent it from reforming. By eliminating limescale successfully, you can finally enjoy a healthy, clean bathroom.
Keeping your home clean is worth it and ensures a safe place for you and your loved ones.
Limescale remover products
There is an endless amount of limescale remover products available on the market. But you might not know which one works best. Here’s a list of some very effective products:
- KH-7 Antical: KH-7 Antical works fast and applies a protective layer that helps water slide right off surfaces, which prevents buildup. It works great on plumbing, faucets, and shower or bath doors. But avoid using the product on porous materials such as marble, stone, silver, gold, etc.
- Limescale remover product Help: available at Leroy Merlin, this foam product has incredible results. Help doesn’t only eliminate limescale but it also removes rust as well. On top of it all, it has a nice fragrance.
- Temium: Temium is a solid brand that offers a great product at an equally great price. It provides similar results to the previous products.
There are many other brands out there– not to mention supermarket generic-brand products as well– so take the time to make a wise choice and buy the one that can give you the best results.
Natural products that can remove limescale
You can also opt for more natural options that don’t harm the environment but still offer a good clean. They’ll also keep you from pulling out your wallet.
- Grab a lemon and cut it in half. Next, rub it over the surface of your plumbing and faucets. But why lemon? Aside from leaving a fresh fragrance, lemon eliminates limescale and prevents it from reforming.
- Wine vinegar is another great option. Bring the vinegar to a boil and pour it into a spray bottle. Then, spray it onto your surfaces and let it sit. Next, wipe off the vinegar to reveal a new shine. If you don’t want to use a natural remedy and don’t want to try an aggressive cleaning product either, Eco Froggy vinegar limescale remover is a great product to try. It removes limescale stains and leaves everything sparkling without harming the environment.
If we had to choose between a natural or industrial product, we really can’t decide as they both offer good results. Try out your options and choose your favorite one.
Even if the limescale returns, you can still keep it away for longer periods. A cleaner bathroom is worth it.It might interest you...