How to Decorate Your Bathroom in a Tropical Style
The tropical style can bring heaps of happiness to a space, and it's a great, cheap option for bathroom decor. Keep reading to see what it consists of!
This style is timeless. It evokes freshness, peace, calm, and positivity, and none of those things will ever go out of fashion. The tropical style is perfect for any room, but we personally think it goes best in a bathroom.
In this article, we’re going to tell you some of its main characteristics to give you some inspiration. Keep on reading and you’ll see just how easy it is to transform a conventional bathroom into one with a tropical style.
What are the main characteristics of the tropical style?
The main goal of this style is for you to feel like you’re in a palm tree paradise or sitting on a beach chair in the sun the moment you walk into a room (in this case, the bathroom). To achieve that, you’ll need to keep the following things in mind for your decor:
- Nature: nature plays a very important part in this style because tropical areas have a lot of flora. Put around some flower pots and install tiles or wallpaper with floral patterns.
- Wood: pick out wood-encased furniture, for example, your sink and towel racks.
- Green, orange, white, and yellow: these are the main colors you’ll want when it comes to giving your bathroom a tropical, summery feel.
If you have a conventional bathroom and want to give it a tropical touch, keep reading to see how. As you’ll see, it won’t cost you much money. All it takes are a few choice accessories, and you’ll have your perfect bathroom!
How to make your bathroom tropical
1. Shower or bath
Shower curtains take up a big part of any bathroom, so they play a major visual role. That gives you a lot of decorative possibilities because they have a lot of surface area.
One cheap, pretty option is to buy shower curtains with a tropical design. You can choose from things like leaves, palm trees, or anything else that gives off a tropical vibe.
If your shower or bath has a glass door, you can still make it feel tropical. For example, you can buy some vinyl decals and make a kind of horizontal stripe over part of the door. You could also cover the entire surface, but if you have a small bathroom it will make it feel too closed off.
2. Bamboo, a super tropical material
If there’s one material that gives off a tropical vibe, it’s bamboo. It’s not a very common material for bathroom decor, but we’re going to show you that it can still be a great choice, and looks great!
- Bath mats. Bamboo bath mats are practical, look amazing, and last a long time. It’s the perfect material for a bathroom because it does fine in humid areas.
- Accessories. Another great way to bring bamboo into your bathroom is through accessories like the soap or toothbrush holder. You can find them in their natural color, or painted.
- Bamboo plant. Bamboo is an indoor plant that can handle humid environments really well. This makes it perfect for a bathroom. You can put a small one in one corner or to one side of the sink. Plus, it’s not a hard plant to care for, so you won’t have to spend too much time on it.
Accessories are the easiest way to give your bathroom a tropical vibe. Having wooden towel racks, soap or toothbrush holders with tropical designs, and green, orange, or brown towels will completely change the way your bathroom looks.
There are also some other great accessory options. For example, you could get little figurines, candles, or any other small thing that gives off a tropical feeling.
You don’t need to have a huge budget to make a major change to your bathroom. As you’ve seen, all it takes are some appropriate accessories to give it the tropical touch you’re going for. You don’t need to do any remodeling to transform your bathroom, a few minor modifications can work wonders.
That’s easy to do with stickers and vinyl decals. Then, if you add a touch of bamboo here and there, you’ll have a truly amazing, tropical bathroom.