How to Use Terracotta Tones in Your Interior Decor
When it comes to choosing a dominant color for your interior decor, you may find yourself struggling to find the right one. In fact, it can seem like a near-impossible task. But don’t worry! Here at DecorTips, we might just have the answer. Today, we want to show you how to use terracotta tones in your home.
With its warm, calming effect and its ability to combine perfectly with a whole range of different colors, this color is becoming more and more popular in the world of interior design.
Using this kind of color in your home can have many advantages. Terracotta itself can create an interesting aesthetic and is a great way to give your home that touch of originality. If you can create the right dialog between all the different elements, this can be a truly incredible look.
Why use terracotta?
Terracotta is great for creating feelings of warmth, comfort, and well-being. But what else can this color be used for?
Generally speaking, colors that are neither too light nor too dark can be used to create feelings of inner peace. In the case of terracotta, this color can also generate feelings of tranquillity, relaxation, harmony, and serenity.
Furniture is a fantastic way to incorporate this color into your decor. However, it’s important to know how to combine it with the surrounding environment.
This color should take center stage in your decor. It doesn’t work well with more intense tones, and needs to be the undisputed star of the room.
Terracotta is making waves in the world of interior decorating.
Incorporating terracotta: furniture
When it comes to choosing the right furniture for your terracotta decor, it’s important to remember that it should be the main feature of your room. This generally means choosing larger pieces of furniture such as:
- Couches: this is a great way to incorporate this color. Couches themselves are designed to provide maximum comfort and relaxation, and using terracotta here will only amplify this effect. If you’re going to use this color in your living room, couches are the perfect way to do it.
- Chairs: these can be an effective way to use this color throughout your home. Whether they’re entirely upholstered in terracotta fabric, or simply feature a terracotta seat, these chairs can be a perfect addition to your living room, dining room or bedroom.
- Closets and drawers: painting your drawers or closets in terracotta tones can be a great way to complement your couches or armchairs, helping to establish an effective dialog between each element.
– Terracotta will give your home a touch of elegance and sophistication.
Bedroom walls can also be an effective place to incorporate this color into your home. However, finding a way to combine terracotta walls with the rest of your furniture can be a little problematic. So, what’s the best way to do it?
- If you want to use this color on your bedroom walls, it’s best to avoid darker tones. Using lighter shades of terracotta will make your bedroom a brighter and more relaxing space.
- One interesting way to incorporate this color is to create a feature wall, which will allow you to establish a contrast with the rest of the colors in the room. Ideally, the other walls should be painted in a lighter tone, such as white or pale gray.
- If you’re going to have terracotta walls, we would recommend incorporating contrasting rather than matching furniture. Too much of this color can be overwhelming and will spoil the overall effect.
As we’ve already mentioned, less is more when it comes to using terracotta in bedrooms. If you do decide to incorporate this color, it’s best to be strategic, ensuring that you create plenty of contrast with the other colors in the room.
To do this, you need to choose your items carefully, making sure that every element counts. For example, if you choose to buy a terracotta-toned couch, it’s important to make it the central feature of your living room, ensuring that everything else revolves around this single focal point.
When it comes to combining terracotta with other colors, browns are a great option. Alternatively, whites, grays, and dark greens can also work really well. Not to mention that terracotta can be a great addition to rustic-style decor.
If you want to update your interior decor, terracotta is a great way to add warmth and sophistication.