Make your Own Pencil Holders with these Original Ideas
Are you one of those people who leaves their pencils lying around all over the place? Can you never find a pen when you need one? If the answer to these questions is yes, then you might want to think about making your own pencil holders as soon as possible. This classic organizer continues to be an essential element in offices and studies all around the world.
While it’s true that you can simply buy one in a stationer’s or another store, you can also make one at home using recycled materials. If you want to give this DIY project a try, you have to take a look at the following ideas.
Make your own pencil holders: some interesting ideas
All you need to make your own pencil holders is a bit of time and creativity. Some of the instructions you’ll find are a little complicated, but there are also plenty of interesting ideas which don’t cost much time or money.
Regardless of the materials you use, the instructions are usually pretty similar. It all depends on your level of creativity. So, while we’ll give you a few basic ideas, you can paint and decorate them however you want to give them your own personal touch.
Let’s get to work!
Cardboard tubes are the perfect shape for making a practical pencil holder, Plus, it’s a really versatile material, and there are so many different ways to decorate it. Best of all, you can even do this with children, who’ll really love this craft project.
- Cover the cardboard tube with a thin layer of toilet roll and glue. Once it’s set and dry, you can paint and decorate it however you want.
Many of the food products we consume regularly come in cans that you can easily reuse. If you often find tin cans building up in your house, why not give this idea a try? Simply decorate them with paint, fabric or patterned paper.
- Before you decorate your cans, make sure to wash and dry them thoroughly. Any leftover food could eventually start to smell.
Glass jars are another reusable object which can make the ideal pencil holders. Their shape is perfect for storing a large number of pencils and other things. Plus, they’re easy to decorate, as you can paint or cover them in a wide range of materials.
- If you love the simple things in life, you don’t even need to decorate your jars. However, if you want to customize them, you can paint them, draw pictures, or decorate them with string or ribbon.
Multicolor pencil holder
Do your kids still have some colored pencils left over at the end of the school year? Then you definitely need to give this project a try. This is a unique and original pencil holder, and all you need to decorate it is a handful of colored pencils and a piece of string.
- Use a disposable cup, a cardboard tube or a tin can to give your pencil holder a unique and original shape.
Again, you can use a cardboard tube or a tin can for this project. This idea uses string to create a beautiful vintage design. Wrap the string around the base of the pencil holder, and make sure to secure it in place with glue or liquid silicone.
- Add some extra decorations: you could add eyes and a nose, or decorate it with flowers or stickers.
Some old newspapers or magazines can make for a really interesting DIY project. While they might be less durable than other materials, the final result can be really great. To do this, you’ll need liquid glue, newspapers, and a bit of creativity.
- Mold the paper into a tube, flower or square shape. You don’t even need to paint them.
Have you ever reused one of your old shampoo bottles? No? Well now’s the time to stop throwing them out, and give this idea a try. These containers come in curved shapes and beautiful designs that you can really make the most of, and make some pencil holders with a difference.
- Decorate your shampoo bottles with brightly colored spray paint. Leave them to dry and then personalize them with decorations and patterns.
So, which design will you go for? Do you have some other ideas we haven’t covered in this article? Give one a go, and don’t forget to get your kids involved!It might interest you...