Antique Bathtubs: A Trend That's Here to Stay
Antique bathtubs are currently the number one trend for bathrooms. Although the bathroom is one of the most important spaces in your home, it sometimes doesn’t get as much attention when considering decoration.
You should remember that although your bathroom is a functional and hygienic area, it should also be a place to relax after a long day at work. As such, it should be pretty, elegant, and full of personality. This is exactly what antique bathtubs will give you. So, why not take a look at this trend?
In this article, we’ll discuss this kind of bathtub and its advantages, disadvantages, and alternatives.
Freestanding antique bathtubs
Classic bathtubs are freestanding. This means that they have their own space and aren’t fitted or fixed to the wall.
On the other hand, the most characteristic part of antique bathtubs is their feet. Their feet can be made of porcelain, like the rest of the tub. Or, they can be made out of iron with applets. They can even have claw feet.
What do antique bathtubs give you?
An antique bathtub in your bathroom gives the room a lot of personality and elegance. Also, the bathtub will become the focus of the room and be the key decorative piece in your bathroom.
Generally, an antique bathtub comes with a sink of the same design. In other words, it comes from the same antique style.
If you’re thinking that an antique bathtub is only suited for a vintage or retro-style bathroom, you’ll be surprised when you find out this isn’t the case. Whilst antique bathtubs are perfect for vintage or retro styles, they’re also great with other styles too.
Everything depends on the decor you choose. For example, in rustic, industrial, or classic bathrooms, it becomes that touch that sets it above the rest.
Advantages of antique bathrooms
The general advantages you get from antique freestanding bathtubs are:
- They don’t require much installation work: being freestanding, they don’t need to be attached to the wall. So, it’s an easy and simple change that’ll transform your bathroom.
- It gives your room a lot of style and personality.
- It’s a unique piece that’ll become the center of your decor.
- Antique bathtubs are a feature that’ll add to the relaxing atmosphere. Who doesn’t love a soak to wash away a hard day’s work?
The disadvantages of antique bathtubs are mainly:
- Their price is usually greater than a more modern or fixed one. Recently, they’ve almost been turned into collector items. Also, they require a lot of time and greater precision when fitting them. This is because they’re completely visible.
- Antique bathtubs require more space so that it stands alone and is away from everything else. Equally, it’s useful to add a shower head to the bathtub.
- They aren’t as functional. With antique bathtubs, it’s more difficult to store all the personal grooming products you need when bathing.
Antique bathtubs can be a key element for changing the personality or style of your bathroom So, before deciding on a standalone bathtub weigh out your needs with the advantages and disadvantages.
It’s also important to keep its size in mind. Even though this kind of bathtub isn’t very large, it needs a lot more space. Moreover, you need to plan how you’re going to store your hygiene products like shower gel and shampoo.
If you think that an antique bathtub will fit your bathroom and your taste, you can always take another step and paint the tub’s exterior in a strong color. For instance, blue, purple, or red are colors that contrast with the white interior of the tub.
If you have a checker pattern tile or cement floor, you’ll have a bathroom with a lot of personality. And, it won’t go unnoticed!It might interest you...