Tips to Remove Tobacco Smells From Your Home
If you smoke or someone at home does, we’ve got some useful tips to remove tobacco smells from your environment and your clothes as well. You’ll discover some easy ways to remove this unpleasant aroma, without spending too much money.
Take careful note and discover how your home can smell clean and fresh, even if you’re a smoker. Try one or more of our tips and choose the ones that you prefer.
Follow these tips to remove tobacco smells from your home
Cigarette smoke penetrates everywhere and the smell can overpower the home. Depending on your home’s ventilation and the frequency with which you smoke, eliminating it isn’t easy. However, several tips can help you eliminate this smell. Next up, we’ll explain what they are and how to implement them.
1. Create a coffee freshener
Coffee is a commonly used product at home and its smell can help to remove tobacco odors from your home environment. If you like this smell and would prefer your home to smell like coffee rather than tobacco, follow these simple steps.
- Fill a bowl or glass container with water.
- Add enough coffee beans to fill the container.
- Place this homemade air freshener in rooms where you smoke.
You’ll soon notice how your home starts to smell like fresh coffee instead of cigarettes. In addition, you’ll have a natural air freshener too.
2. Play it safe with vinegar to remove tobacco smells
Whenever we suggest tips for anything related to home cleaning, a vinegar formula is often recommended and this is no exception. We use this natural ingredient for many things, including deodorizing homes. In this case, you should use it as follows:
- Mix a quarter of white vinegar with three equal parts of hot water in a bowl.
- Before it cools, place it in the room where the tobacco smell is most concentrated.
- Repeat this every three days to sustain the result.
Note: if several people smoke at home or only one person in different rooms, place several containers with this mixture in each room and at different points.
3. Remove tobacco smells by swapping it with a scent of your choice
Although we don’t want smells to fight for our home environment, it’s a good idea to use essential oils to remove tobacco smells. How can we do this? Follow these steps:
- Choose your favorite essential oil.
- Prepare a decorative glass vase or container.
- Add four cups of water.
- Mix 20 drops of essential oil.
- Place this container in rooms where smoking occurs.
You could also try using a diffuser with essential oils. This works by releasing its aromas and will displace the smell of tobacco.
4. Grow plants to eliminate bad odors
Plants are beautiful. Adding color and a sense of naturalness to your home, some also act as air purifiers, that is, through their breathing process, they absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen. These plants include the pothos and the peace lily.
Other plants go beyond purifying the air and this helps to remove tobacco smells from the home. They eliminate toxins such as benzene and formaldehyde, among other polluting agents present in cigarettes. Sansevieria or mother-in-law’s tongue are examples of these.
5. Remove tobacco smells with an air purifier
The last of our tips to remove tobacco smells from the environment is more than simple. But it represents a greater investment, compared to the previous tips we’ve suggested. It consists of buying an air purifier. This device eliminates any bad smell and the polluting agents that it generates.
For this specific case, we recommend using a model that, in addition to purifying the air, aromatizes it. So when it comes to choosing the right one for you, you’ll need to consider different prices, sizes, colors, and designs.
Remove tobacco smells from your clothes or textiles
Now, it’s time to explain how to eliminate the smell of tobacco from your clothes or the textiles in your home. These are simple tricks, but they do require your perseverance, especially if you smoke a lot.
- Vinegar: prepare a mixture of a quarter of vinegar to three of water and clean your furniture with it. For clothes or any machine-washable garment, add half a cup of vinegar to the machine.
- Essential oils: add a few drops of your favorite oil to the washer.
- Baking soda: this product is perfect for removing tobacco smells and ash stains from carpets and other textiles. Just sprinkle two cups on the textile, and leave it to act for several hours before vacuuming it. You can also add a few drops of essential oil to the baking soda to create a pleasant aroma.
It’s easy to remove tobacco smells!
The smell of tobacco is very strong and it adheres to clothes, and textiles and hangs in the air. However, as you’ve read, you can do something to eliminate it. We’ve shared different tips with you to help you achieve this, simply and economically.
Go ahead and try! Prepare to say goodbye to this nuisance smell, but do remember, ultimately, it’s better to stop this habit. It can seriously affect your health and that of those around you.It might interest you...