Plant and Flower Combos to Enhance Your Decor
Every home needs color and freshness to bring it to life. However, you don’t necessarily need to resort to repainting the walls or buying new cushions. The right plant and flower combos can transform your decor. We’ll show you how in this article.
In many cases, people struggle to find the right color palette when it comes to decorating their homes. The main objective is always to create a comfortable space, with a well-defined sense of style. To achieve this, it’s important to make sure there’s a sort of dialogue between all the different colors.
Incorporating fresh, natural details into your home can help you feel better, improving the general atmosphere and conveying feelings of hope and positivity. As such, plants are one of the most interesting ways to complement your decor and achieve really beautiful results.
There’s a huge variety of houseplants to choose from. One of the most unusual is the maidenhair fern, a distinctive plant with slender hanging fronds. Its light green colors will give your home a sense of joy and freshness, making it a unique and interesting way to decorate.
By combining this plant with smaller species, you can make your interior feel more spacious, creating a sense of balance, and helping the plants work in harmony with the rest of the room.
The Jade plant is another great species to keep in mind. It’s not too large, but its unique look still allows it to stand out. This evergreen plant has sturdy branches and thick, shiny leaves.
The search for inner harmony can be achieved through the relationship between furniture and plants.
5 tips for creating the perfect plant and flower combos
Houseplants can be divided into two broad categories: those that flower, and those that don’t. Needless to say, the colors of the leaves and any flowers will have an impact on the overall look, so it’s important to take this into account when choosing your plant and flower combos. To help you get started, take a look at these 5 suggestions:
- Aloe vera is a plant with a very distinctive look, and its tall, rigid leaves make it particularly eye-catching. Famous for its medicinal properties, it could work well when combined with flowers such as African violet, which will help magnify that feeling of health and well-being.
- Sansevieria is another species that will look great in any home, its tall, slender leaves giving it a unique look. We would recommend combining it with plants such as Tillandsia to add an innovative feel to your decor.
- If you’re looking for a large plant with lush, broad leaves, the monstera deliciosa is the plant for you. Also known as the Swiss Cheese plant, this species is popular around the world, and easy to combine with other plants. Red anthurium and similar-looking species are a fantastic option.
- If dark green plants would be better suited to your home, you need to look no further than the weeping fig. These plants can grow to a considerable height, with leaves branching off up the trunk. They work best with other dark green plants, such as dracaena marginata.
- Palm trees are great if you’re looking for a plant that will stand out, without taking up too much space. Combining them with tropical flowers is ideal. We would recommend red Guzmania, which are famous for their eye-catching color.
The importance of color
If you’re looking to incorporate vibrant, eye-catching colors into your home, flowering plants will be your greatest ally. Violas are a fantastic option and can be found in all different colors, including a bright, cheerful orange.
However, if you want to try to highlight their colors even more, try combining them with plants that will add more green to your room, without detracting from the flowers. One great example is the spider plant – one of the most popular houseplants in the world.
In short, creating the perfect plant and flower combos isn’t all that complicated. That said, it’s important not to underestimate the relationship between the two. By considering each plant carefully, you can create a much more interesting aesthetic for your home.