How to Hang Things Without Damaging Your Wall
When people think of trying to hang something on a wall, they often assume it means permanently damaging it. If you don’t have the right tools or knowledge, it’s very likely the hole you make in it will also end up widening.
That can cause cracks in the wall and cause your object to fall. You also won’t be able to leave that part of the wall bare because it won’t look good anymore. So, to make sure that doesn’t happen, we’re going to give you some tips on how to hang things without damaging your wall.
Companies are developing all kinds of products that allow you to hang things like pictures without making a hole in the first place. They’re easy to use and don’t leave marks on the wall. In this post, we’re also going to tell you about how to use them, put them up, and how strong they are.
But if you’re hanging something very heavy, it’s always best to make a hole. This doesn’t always have to be the worst option. You just have to do it right and make sure you’ll be able to cover up the wall afterward so that it will look as good as new.
How to hang things without damaging your wall
Without making a hole
There are lots of products you can use to help you hang things up without making a single hole. Here are a couple of the most popular types, along with their pros and cons.
- Adhesive strips. These are strips you can cut to the size of the thing you want to hang and then apply to the wall. They work the same way as double-sided tape. Once you’ve decided where to put them, you just peel off the protectors on both sides and put them on the wall. The main con is that they only work on flat surfaces, so popcorn walls are out of the question.
- Adhesive hooks. These are another good option to hang something without making a hole in your wall. Once you’ve decided where you want to hang something, you fix these hooks to the wall–simple as that. These can generally hold more weight, but are a bit clunkier and don’t always look as nice.
If you’re not convinced by either of these or the thing you want to hang is just too heavy, keep reading. The next part is about how to hang something on your wall without damaging it. Just remember that you also need to have the right products to cover the hole if you leave the wall bare again.
Make a hole without damaging the wall
Making a hole in your wall to hang things up doesn’t have to be a nightmare. You just need to make sure you can cover up the hole if you take down the object.
Here are the steps you have to follow to properly make a hole in your wall:
- Start by making two holes at the same height with a drill. The bit needs to be proportional to the size of the object you’re hanging. Put a sheet on the floor to avoid getting it dirty.
- Put a wall anchor into each hole.
- In each anchor, place a hook that works with the size of the screws for whatever you’re hanging.
If at any point you want to cover it up, you need to get a special kind of caulk for walls. Fill the hole and sand the wall so that it’s completely smooth. Then, paint the wall so that you can never tell there was a hole in the first place!
Our advice is to only make holes in the wall if you have no other option.
So, as you can see, it is possible to hang things with a hole without destroying your wall.It might interest you...