How a Professional Organizer Works
A professional organizer can help you restore order to your house, optimize spaces, and get more out of your space. Do you think you need one?
Maybe you always have your house clean and perfectly in order. However, for many, cleaning and organizing your house can be a huge task. So that’s why there are professional organizers! These are specialists that offer their services and knowledge to perfectly organize your house. But should you hire one?
A completely organized house … a dream come true
A couple of times a year, generally as the seasons change, many people take the opportunity to thoroughly clean and organize the house. This is probably one of the best times to take a look at each room in your home and assess what is no longer useful. What about those clothes or kitchen utensils that have been in a box for years?
The important thing is to make an effort, although we know this isn’t always easy. We’re all busy and tired. And sometimes we don’t know where to start!
However, there are people who can help you with this task. Professional organizers can transform chaos into a peaceful home.
These people even have an organization: NAPO, the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals. On their website, you can find information about how they work and certification courses. They even have a search engine that allows you to find an organizer near your home!
Let’s talk about your wardrobe
Most professional organizers have a method. Surprisingly, this method generally involves making your house even messier first! This is because you have to take out absolutely everything and sort it before you can organize it. Here are some examples for organizing your wardrobe:
- First, you have to take all your clothes out of your dresser and closet.
- Then, organize your wardrobe according to categories. For example, skirts, pants, blouses… You should do this once a month so it stays organized.
- Finally, each category should be organized by color.
- Additionally, if there’s something in your closet that you don’t wear, it’s time to say goodbye.
- However, when you decide to throw away or donate something, don’t wait! Do it the same day. Otherwise, it’ll end up back in your closet faster than you think.
- You should also create categories for your accessories and arrange them in a way that allows you to see them. Then, you can easily find and use them depending on what you’re wearing. Otherwise, accessories are easy to lose in the bottom of a drawer.
Why do you need a professional organizer?
A professional organizer, as the name implies, specializes in organizing. This means that they can help you rearrange your belongings in a practical and lasting way. They can focus just on one closet or room, or help organize your entire house.
With their help, you can change your routines and create systems that work for you. Most importantly, this will help you maintain an organized house over time.
You probably need a professional when you realize that you have completely lost control of the organization in your house and nothing has a specific place in your home. For example, if you’re spending time every day looking for things, you probably should get help as soon as possible.
Some things a professional organizer can help you with:
- Choosing the best furniture according to your needs.
- Using each space only for what it was designed for.
- Managing your time.
- Always knowing what you have in each room and making sure each object has a specific purpose.
- Working on detaching from your material possessions and learning to get rid of what you no longer need.
- Creating a method of organization that you can continue to use.
How much does a professional organizer cost?
As with everything, the cost will depend on your needs. However, as more and more companies are working in the field, there are more options for different budgets.
On the one hand, some organizers charge by the hour. On the other, some charge based on the project. In the United States, the price can vary between $15 to $60 an hour.
However, some companies charge you based on the project as a whole. For example, this could be $500 to organize all the closets for a family of four or organizing your entire house for $1000.
As you can see, the costs can vary. Some companies offer services where they teach children to be organized. A professional organizer could be worth it for you to achieve your perfect house and peace of mind.It might interest you...