Find Brightness and Luminosity Using Golden Brown
You have to like the color you choose for a room in your house. It’s important to feel comfortable where you are and enjoy a welcoming environment. So we’ll help you find brightness and luminosity using golden brown color for interior design.
Most of the time, people don’t take risks with colors. They tend to choose neutrals, those that perfectly match everything else, however, they can look monotonous and repetitive.
It’s time for a change and to find alternatives that give your home a new look. If you limit yourself and follow traditional design patterns, you can get stuck in a conservative setting. It’s worth it to appreciate other options that can end up being very interesting.
What is golden brown?
When describing this color, we can agree on two things – its warmth and luminosity. The color golden brown can be provocative and influence how you feel, but don’t think it’s a radiant or strident color.
You could say it’s a warm color, the color of the wheat in nature, similar to gold. It gives you a sense of warmth, without being too intense. The color golden brown is serene and it projects indulgence.
It’s worth noting that it can brighten up a room. For that reason, it’s better to use it in a place with a lot of natural light to enrich it and to give it a special feel. It’s very similar to mustard yellow.
What’s the best way to use golden brown in your home?
You need to think about where you’re going to use this color. To create a perfect match, there are a few tips to follow. Let’s take a look at them:
- If you have a couch in a neutral color, use golden brown pillows or alternate between similar colors to create contrast. This creates a focal point in your living room.
- It’s unusual to see it in the bedroom, but this doesn’t mean it doesn’t belong there.
- Curtains are another great place to use golden brown. It doesn’t matter if they’re heavy or light, what’s important is how much natural light and interior lighting they’ll create. This transmits energy and a positive feeling.
- Wooden furniture works great with this color, as well as wooden floors. You can create a welcoming and warm environment. Bear in mind that, if you use it on the furniture, don’t use it on the walls too or vice versa.
Using golden brown on the walls
The main goal of using this color on the walls is to create a luminous and calm environment. By not being too loud, you create a soothing effect in your mind.
Match it with white, alternating these two colors on the walls. However, you can also use golden brown on all the walls to create a captivating environment.
If you use it on the walls, don’t use it on anything else. Only then you’ll get the perfect match. Don’t forget that through a coherent match you’ll create a harmonious area.
What colors work well with golden brown?
Of course, the best colors to work with golden brown are those that are similar to it. Don’t overdo things with golden brown or any similar color, because too much of it can create an overwhelming environment.
Use cool or neutral colors, as long as you have studied their relationship in detail. Dark colors are a good choice, just like greens, which create a great contrast with a color as warm as golden brown.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Lluch, Francisco Javier: Arte de armonizar los colores, Barcelona, Imprenta de El Provenir, 1858.