Decorating with the Colors of the Rainbow
Colors can be used to bring light and energy to your home. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the different ways you can use the colors of the rainbow in interior decor. Follow our top tips, and you’ll be able to use this interesting aesthetic to fill your home with character and style.
The first thing to keep in mind is that the colors of the rainbow are (as every child knows) red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. The idea is to combine them to create a charming and elegant look for your home.
It’s also important to remember that the relationship between these colors is a little strange – some of them are cold, while some are warm. However, if used correctly, the colors of the rainbow can be useful for decorating children’s rooms, as well as other spaces in your home.
Where can you use the colors of the rainbow?
We should also highlight that using the colors of the rainbow in your home doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to use actual rainbow motifs. Instead, you can simply use the colors that make up a rainbow to subtly transform your interior.
They work great on blankets, scarves, and tassels, allowing you to use a different color for different sections. There are so many different ways to do this, whether you choose to merge them to form a gradient or create bold block patterns.
In the same way, they’re often found on tablecloths and table runners. Rainbow colors have an intense and vibrant sense of character, instantly stimulating the senses.
The colors of the rainbow can’t help but stand out, helping to create a sense of contrast.
4 ways to decorate a children’s room
There’s no denying that the colors of the rainbow work perfectly in children’s rooms. There are many different ways you can incorporate them into their decor, playing around with the colors to create the perfect combinations.
- Vinyl decals are one of the easiest ways to use the colors of the rainbow in children’s bedrooms. There are so many different designs to choose from, from cartoon-style decals to more formal styles. They’re easy to apply and are ideal for decorating both the walls and the room as a whole.
- Bunting is another great option, as each flag can feature a different color. It can cover a huge section of the ceiling, giving the room a cheerful and festive atmosphere. But, more than that, they will fill it with a sense of vitality.
- Adding a couple of rainbow cushions to your bed can be a fantastic option. Nowadays, one of the most popular trends is the rainbow unicorn pillow. But this isn’t the only option: you could buy one pillow for each color of the rainbow, arranging them in the right order.
- Incorporating rainbow-colored sheets will transform the bed into the star feature of your children’s room. And best of all, your kids will love them!
The search for light
You can also use the windows to incorporate these colors. Hanging rainbow curtains (like the ones in the image above) means that you can use the natural light to highlight these shades. This colorful light source will become the focal point of the entire room.
You don’t need to have actual rainbow motifs on the curtain fabric. You could have vertical or horizontal rainbow stripes or a rainbow gradient from top to bottom.
Use color to enhance your interiors. There’s no better way to brighten your day-to-day life.
Decorating with the colors of the rainbow – other interesting options
The colors of the rainbow can be applied to all kinds of decorative items. While rainbow furniture might be a little garish, these colors can be useful for smaller ornaments.
Wall clocks are just one example. Similar to the photo above, the clock face could feature all seven colors of the rainbow. Alternatively, you could also hang dreamcatchers on the walls around your house.
And finally, we can’t forget about rugs and carpets. Rainbow colors can work perfectly here, either as stripes or gradients that allow you to bring your floors to life.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ventura, Anna: 1000 ideas prácticas en decoración del hogar, Universe Publishing, 2003.