Alternative Decoration Styles for your Home
The way you decorate your home can be a reflection of your personality, using things that represent you. In this article, you’ll find a few tips for alternative decoration styles for your home.
Do you like to have people over and show off your home? Well, the furniture and decoration you choose are defining features. They’re a way to transmit an idea and should be creatively combined.
To change those classic and traditional decorations, use a style that reflects the way you are, especially if you like to be different. So, it’s time to learn about alternative decoration styles.
Define your aesthetic
To create an alternative and easygoing style, find a new aesthetic that allows you to change your home dynamics. In other words, discover ways to express yourself and create a different atmosphere.
Color, furniture, objects, and other decorative elements can help you figure this out. Be bold and work on changing conventional decoration styles.
When trying to define your aesthetic, use resources that transform your home. Combine elements that show your personality and stand out from the norm.
“Be different so that people can see you clearly amongst the crowds.”
-Mehmet Murat Ildan-
5 characteristics of alternative decoration styles
Boldness is a concept that needs to feature in any decoration. What does this mean? Choose what makes you happy and what you can identify yourself with and be original. Here are 5 tips to help you get started.
- If you identify with a specific color, use it on your walls or your furniture, like a couch or your bed. Make it stand out from other colors in your home.
- Give center stage to elements you like and are important for you. For example, if you like rock music, have an electric guitar as a decoration. If you like bikes, use them for your decor.
- Feeling passionate about a specific design style? Copy it and make it an important part of your interior design idea. Minimalism is a great example of this – using straight lines to create structure.
- When using alternative decoration styles, choose the right alternative formulae. Use visible beams, other construction materials like exposed brick, or panoramic windows. It’s about standing out from the crowd.
- Recycle. Use boxes, pallets, pots… everything that can be given a new life. Start restoring and decorating.
Alternative decoration styles – an urban look
If you want to use street decor, you need to find inspiration from the streets. But, how can you use street inspiration as interior design?
Just think outside the box. A good example of this is the exposed brick look, using neon lights, metal beams, wooden boxes, etc.
In a way, you’re looking for something similar to an industrial look. Use wallpaper resembling a busy street or an urban panoramic view.
Workspaces using alternative decoration styles
It’s worth noting that you can’t use alternative decoration styles everywhere. It’ll depend on the space available and how well it adapts to the style you like.
A particular example is a loft. Thanks to their wide appearance, they’re a great fit for alternative decoration styles and benefit from the inclusion of modern decorative elements.It might interest you...