5 Tips For A More Elegant Home
We all enjoy showing off our homes from time to time. When guests come round, we like to dress up in our Sunday best and have everything looking perfect. So, today, we’re going to give you 5 tips for a more elegant home.
The interior decor in any home says a lot about the people that live there. Needless to say, tastes can vary hugely. Each person chooses their decor according to their own unique criteria, and the style they want to create.
We seek to create a distinguished, understated, and attractive look so that we can show off the home we’ve built for ourselves to others. Each element we choose has a huge influence: the furniture, the color palette, the layout…
1. Order is everything
Order is crucial when it comes to determining how effective your interior design will be. Without order in our homes, the decor simply won’t work, as all balance and aesthetic harmony will be completely lost.
It’s essential to maintain that sense of order daily throughout your house. In other words, you need to maintain a practical layout and clean regularly to keep things neat and tidy.
Order is usually associated with cleanliness. As much as we always try to buy the best furniture and decorations on the market, there’s no point in incorporating them into a room where there’s no order and no coherent sense of dialogue.
Order should be a top priority in any home.
2. Wooden furniture for a more elegant home
If you want to create a more elegant home, wood is one of the best materials you can choose, both in terms of appearance and style. There are some really interesting options on the market. Let’s take a look at 3 key examples:
- The dining room is the perfect place to hold celebrations and gatherings with family and friends. As such, it’s important to make sure you have a large table and plenty of matching chairs. You could go for a more refined design, or something more ornate, depending on the style of your home.
- TV stands and cabinets are made up of several different parts, including shelves, drawers, display cabinets, and open spaces. The idea is that your cabinet can take up one side of the room, leaving the rest free for you to display all kinds of decorative elements.
- Bedroom dressers are also a great bet. Not only will they give you the perfect place to store clothes and other objects, but they’ll also give you extra space to display any ornaments and decorations. To create a more unique look, you can use distressing techniques to give your dresser a vintage feel.
3. Plant care
Plants are the perfect way to enhance the look of your home. While green is synonymous with freshness, you can also use flowers to add a whole range of colors, which will help to create a sense of energy and vitality.
However, this doesn’t mean you should clutter your rooms with hundreds of plants. Instead, choose a small selection that best suit your style and personality, and coherently arrange them, choosing places where they can convey real aesthetic meaning.
Plants require regular care and attention. If you neglect them, they’ll lose much of their natural beauty, and won’t fulfill the same aesthetic purpose.
4. Tips for a more elegant home – textures
The external appearance of the elements you choose will have a significant impact on the overall style of your home. Textures can convey a wide range of different sensations, inviting us to enjoy and appreciate our decor on a whole other level. If you want to create a more elegant look for your home, it’s important to take textures into account.
For example, velvety fabrics help to create a softer, more delicate feel. If you’re looking to create a stronger, more formal vibe, leather, and faux leather are materials that offer a more somber tone.
Colors and textures are the first things our eyes see.
5. Aesthetic and functional lighting
When it comes to designing your lighting scheme, it’s important to choose the right placement for each of your lights and to use bulbs that will help to create a sense of warmth. The idea is to give your space a warm and relaxing feel.
Retractable lighting can work well and can adapt to all kinds of different styles. Spotlights and lamps can also be used to create a real ambiance for your home.
In short, the combination of all these different decorative components can help you to generate a unique, welcoming, and understated feel. This, in turn, will allow you to achieve your ultimate goal – to create a more elegant home.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Singer, Margo: Textile Surface Decoration: Silk and Velvet, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007.
- Sudjic, Deyan: La luz y el color en la decoración, Folio, 1992.