The Perfect Dining Room for Dinner Parties
If you like having guests for dinner, this is the article for you. Keep reading to learn a few tips on how to have the best dining room for dinner parties.
If you like entertaining guests at home, you’ll need comfy spaces, many seats, a big table, plates, etc. The list goes on! This isn’t always easy to do, but today we’ll help you set up the perfect dining room for dinner parties.
The perfect dining room does exist
It doesn’t matter if your house isn’t big enough for all of your guests. The only thing you need to know is what to buy and how to place the furniture in your dining room.
An extendable dining table
Without a doubt, an extendable dining table is the best buy you can make. Keep the table closed for your daily life and open it to fit all of your guests.
There are different models available: from one that extends at both sides to another that has a sliding central plank that makes it longer. This is a must for any great dinner host.
Choosing the best chairs
If you don’t have enough space, there are alternatives for more seats. Your guests need to feel comfortable in your perfect dining room.
- Foldable chairs. When you don’t need them, you can fold them and they don’t take up much storage space.
- Stools. Some stools are foldable, they’re easy to store and you can also use them as coffee tables.
- Benches. If you place one on the side of your table, you’ll save a lot of space. These take up less room than a conventional chair, but you can fit more people on it. Although a good option, you can only use them with square tables.
Freedom of movement
Whenever you have a lot of guests try to give them freedom of movement. For example, if your dining room and living room are one open area, use it to create a more comfortable space.
If you have a lot of guests, serve a buffet. Clear the place as much as you can, remove the main table, push the chairs and couches to the walls, and let people move around the room.
The utensils for the best dining room
Maybe you have the perfect dining room, but what if you don’t have the perfect utensils? Let’s improvise!
Combine your plates and glasses, make them match. If there are children, keep special plates for them. Whenever possible, don’t use disposable plates, but if you need too, find paper plates and cups with fun designs.
The perfect host’s checklist
Finally, these are a few final thoughts for the perfect dining room and to ensure your guests enjoy themselves.
- If your table isn’t big enough for all of your guests, you can put several tables together.
- Look out for the table legs. Try not to sit a guest there.
- The ideal distance between diners is 25 inches. This way, they’ll feel comfortable and relaxed when eating.
- If you don’t have the furniture you need, you can rent it. Some companies can rent you a table or a complete dinner set.
The perfect dining room for the perfect host exists, and it looks a lot like yours!