4 Tips for Creating the Perfect Romantic Setting
If a special occasion is coming up and you want to surprise your partner, organizing a romantic evening is a great idea. With the right decor, you’ll be able to create the perfect romantic setting for a nice meal, a film, or any other special moment.
As we’ll show you in this article, getting the perfect romantic setting for your home is really quick and simple to do, and doesn’t have to break the bank. Keep reading and discover 4 top tips for creating the perfect atmosphere for a romantic evening with that special someone.
Warm, low lighting
Any romantic setting needs warm, low lighting. We would recommend turning off all the lights in your chosen room, and using a more special form of lighting. Next, we’ll give you some ideas on how to get the perfect lighting for your romantic setting:
- Candles: place candles all around the room to make sure it’s well lit. You can use a combination of all different styles and sizes to create a really original look. You could also buy some scented candles. This is a great look, guaranteed to create a really special atmosphere. If you decide to go for this type of lighting, don’t forget to blow them out when you’re done, and be careful not to burn yourself.
- Lighted garlands: the great thing about this option is that they produce fairly large amounts of light, and can be placed almost anywhere in the room. Bookshelves, walls or headboards are some of the best places to put lighted garlands.
As the rest of the lights in the room will be switched off, these elements will be the only light source in the room. Use them to light the most important points in the room, like the table if you’re having a meal, or the bed if you’re decorating the bedroom.
Red: the star of your romantic setting
Red is the color of lovers, passion and love, which is why it should take center stage in any romantic setting. In this next section, we’ll show you some different ways to incorporate this color:
- A bouquet of roses: this is the quintessential romantic gift. You could have a bouquet of roses in the center of your table, or place a single rose somewhere special. Roses symbolize love, respect and fidelity. These are the foundations of any good relationship, so it’s important to include them in your romantic setting.
- Table cloth: if you’ve organised a romantic meal, a red table cloth will help put your table firmly in the limelight. You can then cover it with rose petals, little messages or photographs of special moments in your relationship.
- Balloons: helium balloons are perfect for creating a romantic atmosphere. You could buy traditional round balloons, or even heart-shaped ones. A really charming and original idea is to write messages to your loved one on them.
Rose petals are great for any romantic occasion. Plus, they’ll give your room a touch of sensuality, and help create that perfect atmosphere. You can buy then in any decorating store or large supermarket. They’re usually not too expensive, and you can buy all different colors and sizes.
You can scatter them on the floor to create a trail leading from the entrance to your chosen room. You could also use them to create shapes such as a heart, either on the floor or on your bed.
Be careful, though. Using too many rose petals will look excessive, and could ruin your romantic setting.
Hearts, the symbol of love
If there is one true symbol of love, then it is the heart. Hearts are a must-have at any romantic celebration, so you need to include them in your romantic setting.
As we’ve already mentioned, one way to do this is to use balloons or make them out of rose petals. You can also buy heart-shaped decorative objects or create a wall collage of your favorite photos in the shape of a heart.
So, creating a romantic setting is really simple, and a great way to surprise your partner. Whether for a special occasion, or simply to spice up your love life, we recommend decorating your home so you can enjoy a special moment that you’ll be able to cherish for years to come.