Creating the Perfect Set of Bathroom Towels
You can create a sophisticated yet subtle setting in your bathroom. But you might need some tips to create the perfect set of bathroom towels. We have the best tips to help you bring yours together in perfect harmony.
Colors and textures are big factors that help match the other elements in your bathroom. Remember that your bathroom should be a place that provides relaxation, renewal, and hygiene despite being a smaller sized room.
Towels are a must for bathrooms. Most of the time they’re left out in the open, making them an additional accessory that fits into the surrounding decor. They can help you create a peaceful and thoughtfully-decorated setting.
Types of bathroom towels
The biggest differentiating factor between bathroom towels is their size. They can be big or small. The sizes might depend on who– babies or adults– or which body part– body or face– they’re designed for.
Bigger towels, thanks to their size, can draw attention and become decor accessories. Considering their visual impact, make sure to pick out the right shapes and sizes to match their setting.
And we mustn’t forget about robes. Robes have the same purpose as towels but are an entirely different shape. Just as with the towels, make sure to use their colors, textures, and sizes to make them into decorative pieces for your bathroom.
You might not think it at first, but bathroom towels come in a wide variety.
5 key tips for creating the perfect bathroom towel set
In addition to what we already talked about, these five key tips will help you create the perfect set of towels for your bathroom. You need to organize the stronger and weaker decor aspects to create a harmonious set.
- First and foremost, you need to create an order. Towels shouldn’t pile up or hang in random areas. You need to set them up in a certain order.
- Consider the main color of your bathroom. If the main color of your bathroom is dark, use towels that can lighten up the setting. On the other hand, if you have a light bathroom, dark towels will make a better option.
- Bathrooms are normally white and as such, using other, bolder colors isn’t a bad idea. Examples include reds, oranges, yellows or greens. You can use them to add a pop of color to your bathroom decor.
- Do you have certain bolder colors in mind? Maybe violet, rose, fuchsia or something similar? These colors will stand out more but make sure they don’t clash with each other. Instead, try to follow a set color palette to keep everything balanced.
- You won’t run into any problems with textures. The rougher texture that walls have will pair perfectly with your towels. Even smoother walls will work harmoniously with the texture of towels.
Towel mats, how can you match them with your bathroom?
Towel mats are exclusively for feet and are smaller for that purpose. If you want your towel mats to match your floor, the key lies in color. Make sure to avoid using a towel mat of the same color as your floor.
Instead, look for a good contrast. Most bathrooms have white, blue or gray floors. In these cases, an intense color like red wouldn’t work very well. Keep away from these tones and try a neutral, subtle color instead.
For example, green works great on white floors. Meanwhile, pink and orange look nice on blue. With black floors, try an earthy color, or something bolder like red or yellow.
Where’s the best place to keep towels?
You might not think so at first, but towel placement plays a big role in your bathroom decor. Towels can play a bigger role, or not, in your decor depending on where you place them.
Try hanging them close to your shower to create a clear visual connection between them. On the same note, try to keep them away from the sink or toilet to maintain visual boundaries. Look for empty spots that could use a little decor.It might interest you...