Transform Your Bathroom Into Your Very Own Spa
Creating spaces in your home where you can focus on your own well-being, self-care and reconnect with your inner self is more important than you might think. With just a few essential elements, you can transform your bathroom into your very own spa, and turn your daily beauty regime into a moment of luxury and indulgence.
From bathroom to spa – full renovation
If you"ve been thinking about renovating your bathroom, why not turn your dreams into a reality, and give it a full makeover. With these ideas, you can forget heading out to the spa every time you need some pampering.
If you want to transform your bathroom into a spa, the first thing you"ll need to consider is whether you want a shower or a bath (unless you"re lucky enough have space for both, that is!)
When it comes to showers, there are two main types that you should consider – floor level and raised showers. Both are really great options and will give your bathroom that feeling of luxury it"s been missing.
- The screen: there are lots of different options to choose from when it comes to shower screens. The option you choose will depend on your personal tastes, as well as the amount of space you have at your disposal.
- Tiles: this isn"t just a question of aesthetics. You also need to think about the quality of the materials, and how resistant they are to humidity.
- Glass: acrylic has fallen into disuse in recent years, to be replaced by tempered glass. Due to its high damage resistance, tempered glass is considered a far safer option. If it ever does shatter, it breaks into very small, round pieces rather than dangerous shards.
- Water: yes, believe it or not, you can even choose from a variety of different showerheads, including waterfall showerheads, hydromassage shower columns, integrated ceiling showerheads, and even chromotherapy showers which allow you to enjoy all the emotional benefits of colors.
When it comes to pampering and relaxation, it doesn"t get much better than a nice hot bath. The tub is the perfect place for some me-time.
- Freestanding bathtub: if you have enough space, then this option is a no-brainer. Plus, this type of bathtub doesn"t require much work to install. There are many different designs on the market, from more classical tubs with ornate feet, to more modern and minimalist designs.
- Hydromassage bathtub: if you"re into jets and bubbles, you"ve got to take a look at these jacuzzi-style baths. A long soak in one of these is like a full-body massage.
- Sunken baths: while they are undeniably beautiful, sunken bathtubs require fairly extensive building work, which should always be carried out by a professional. They take up less visual space than a normal bathtub, making your bathroom seem more spacious.
From bathroom to spa – a quick makeover
Whether you"re planning on knocking down walls or simply redecorating, there are a few must-have items that no spa would be complete without:
Beauty products: you know those beauty products you like so much? The ones that make your skin feel amazing, and come in really cute bottles? Make those the stars of your home spa, using them to decorate your shelves and cupboards.
Bathtub caddy: this is an essential item, allowing you to keep everything you need within arm"s reach.
Essential oils: these will make your bathroom smell amazing. You can use a diffuser, incense, or even scented soaps, which can serve as decoration, perfume and beauty product, all-in-one.
Candles: scented candles are great for creating a calming atmosphere for your very own private spa.
Music: don"t forget to put together your favorite playlist and connect it up to your speakers. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the good vibes.
Organization: You know what they say: “Tidy home, tidy mind". Making sure to remove any clutter is essential for our peace of mind. Wicker baskets are great for storing towels, boxes, and accessories, helping to keep everything neat and tidy.It might interest you...