4 Top Tips for Decorating a Small Bathroom
Decorating bathrooms can be a bit of a headache. We always need more space, more storage, and more light. But if you have a small bathroom, don’t worry! There are so many different ways you can play around with the decor to make it look and feel more spacious.
In this article, we’ll show you some practical ways you can make the most of every inch of space so that you can enjoy your bathroom to the full.
Our top tips for decorating a small bathroom
1. Walls and color palette
If you have a small bathroom, it’s always best to use light colors when painting the walls. Try to use white wherever possible. This versatile color magically makes rooms seem ten times more spacious. The trick is to attract the light so that the room looks bigger than it really is.
Another way to visually create more space in your bathroom is to use wallpaper. It’s important to choose soft colors with subtle patterns to help add greater depth to your space. One good option is to use wallpaper inspired by nature.
Finally, if you prefer tiling, it’s best to choose large tiles that will help to create a sense of visual continuity. Be sure to choose rectified tiles, or they could actually make your bathroom look smaller rather than bigger.
2. Decorating your small bathroom – showers
Here, we want to show you two aspects you’ll need to keep in mind if you want to transform your small bathroom.
Firstly, make sure to choose a floor-level shower. Having a level floor will make your room seem much bigger than it really is.
We would also recommend choosing a transparent shower screen to really open up the room. Sliding doors are ideal, as they won’t eat up any additional floor space.
3. Magic mirrors
No bathroom is complete without a good mirror. Mirrors have the power to visually double the amount of space in any room. Hang one large mirror, or several small ones if you have enough space, and watch as your bathroom magically seems to grow before your eyes.
In small bathrooms, the mirror is the only thing that can be large. There’s nothing wrong with a little vanity, just this once.
4. Decorating your small bathroom – furniture and fittings
If you want to stop your bathroom from looking cluttered, the best thing to do is preserve as much floor space as possible. How? It’s simple. Start by installing a cisternless toilet. These are really compact, modern and look great. As for the sink, choose a narrow, wall-mounted model to give your bathroom a light, stylish feel.
Finally, say goodbye to your bidet and free up some extra floor space. At the end of the day, it’s not a bathroom essential.
When it comes to bathtubs, you may have a difficult decision to make. In this article, we’ve weighed up the pros and cons of showers and baths. It might help make things easier for you.
Making the most of your space
- If your bathroom is not only small but is also an irregular shape, the best thing to do is get made-to-measure custom furniture. As we mentioned before, floating, wall-mounted furniture is ideal. We also recommend buying a vanity cabinet, with a built-in sink and drawers where you can store everything you need.
- For additional storage space, we suggest buying a narrow, floor-to-ceiling closet that you can use for storing towels, toilet rolls, shower gel, and any other essentials.
- You can also buy wicker baskets and use them for storing towels or laundry.
- There are so many ways you can use your walls to gain some extra space. For example, you can hang baskets for your make-up, toiletries or your hairdryer. They’ll look great, and will save you plenty of space if you don’t have much room for furniture.
- Believe it or not, bathroom fragrances are really important. Scented candles or essential oils will help your bathroom feel cleaner and purer than ever. However, it’s important to avoid overly powerful scents.
- Finally, if you still haven’t managed to solve your space issues, a sliding door might be just what you need.
With a few simple tricks, you can turn your small bathroom into a haven of peace and relaxation.It might interest you...