What Do You Need to Install a Pool?
If you want to install a pool in your backyard, you should take into account these necessary aspects.
Do you have a space big enough in your backyard for installing a pool, but you’re not quite sure where to start? It’s likely that you’ll ask yourself: what do I need to install a pool?
Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is to call a company that will professionally install a pool. However, this will be considerably more expensive than if you do it yourself. You just need to know a few tips on how to do it!
To start with, you will need to make a list of all the items and accessories necessary to install your pool. Of course, it won’t be an easy job, but if you’ve got everything on hand, it will be a great help. That way, the process will be much simpler.
How to choose the perfect site
Before installing a pool, you should think about where the best space would be to put it. If you have a large garden, this will help. If on the contrary, if you have a small garden, you will have to measure and adjust the dimensions of the site where you will put the pool.
On the other side of the coin, the space you will need for your pool will depend on what you want to use it for. For example, do you just want a pool to refresh yourself and cool off? Or do you want to actually be able to swim in it? Depending on your answers, you will need to plan for a bigger or smaller pool.
At the same time, you will need to do some soil tests, to find out how firm the ground is. When the ground is damp and less solid, it’s likely that the ground might sink a little beneath the weight of your pool. You will need to reinforce the base to prevent cracks.
Beside the pool, asphalt fabric or micro-cement finish
Once you have the site ready for your pool, you can proceed to install it. You should adjust it correctly and seal around the whole of the pool border. To that end, for the space around the pool you could consider using blue asphalt fabric on the ground since it has these special qualities:
- Softer on your feet
- Doesn’t show wear and tear
- Easily sealed to prevent water from entering
- Easier to clean
Another very good solution is a micro-cement finish. The purpose of this is to make the area around the pool into a firm and lasting surface, that doesn’t get dirty or moldy and that is easy to clean.
Install the pool: the water filter
Without a doubt, this aspect is vital for a hygienic pool with clean water. The water filter is an essential item for any pool. What does it do?
- Filters the water: eliminates dirtiness by means of a filtration system
- Controls the filter pressure by means of a manometer
- Cleaning, emptying, and drainage: it can clean the water or send it directly to the drain if the water is especially dirty.
With regards to the cost of a pool filter, there is a wide variety of prices. It all depends on the type of pool you have. Therefore, the smaller it is, the more economic the pool filter you can buy.
Of course, the best pool filters, that provide a considerable filtration system for larger pools, can cost between 600 and 1,500 euros.
Type of floor coverings for the pool
For the bottom and sides of your pool, there are various types of floor coverings you can use. Some are very interesting and can add an attractive touch to the area. What types of floor coverings could you choose?
- In the first place, you should know about a material called gresite, which is used in conjunction with mosaic tiles. Together, these can make a very pretty pool floor surface with small tiles set in patterns. This provides a comfortable surface for your feet. There are many colors available, but the color that usually goes best is sky blue.
- Tiles – these are similar to the previous option, but with larger square or rectangular tiles. A smoother feel is one factor to take into account.
- Timber flooring – a more rustic and natural touch on the bottom of the pool, that breaks with tradition and stereotypical pools. Of course, it needs to be appropriate material and to be well sealed.
- PVC composite – the most economical option out of all the above options. It’s very easy to install.
Pipes for the water
You will need a system of pipes that allow for conduction of the pool water. This will need to be for the entry as well as the exit of the water from the pool.
Copper pipes are excellent for correct water conduction, as much for putting water into the pool as well as taking it out. Sometimes, you might be tempted to use plastic pipes just to save a few dollars, but you may end up spending more because they don’t last or can be weak.
That’s why, so you don’t always have to be calling the plumber, it’s better to invest in quality materials. Create a good installation that will last for years and won’t cause you any headaches down the line.