The Advantages of Using a Dishwasher
There are a number of reasons why buying a dishwasher is a great long term investment. We'll tell you all about them in this article.
A dishwasher is a domestic appliance which is used to clean dinnerware, cutlery, glasses and any other kitchenware. These are useful items to have in our busy modern-day lives, where speed and convenience are key.
Based on a system of high-powered jets that spray streams of hot water and detergent, dishwashers are highly efficient machines. However, those who are yet to own a dishwasher may have doubts about whether they need one.
One of the main worries people often have when it comes to dishwashers is the price. They aren’t cheap and can have a significant impact on your water and electricity bills. To help you decide whether buying a dishwasher is the right decision for you, we want to take a closer look at some of the main advantages of these modern appliances.
Advantages of the dishwasher
There are a lot of advantages to having a dishwasher:
- Time: dishwashers do pretty much everything for you. You don’t even need to rinse the dishes before putting them in, saving you both time and effort.
- Save water: believe it or not, washing dishes by hand uses more water than washing everything at once in a dishwasher. In fact, using a dishwasher will save you on both water and detergent.
- More hygienic: by using hot water (between 104 and 158°F), dishwashers are better at eliminating germs and bacteria than hand-washing.
- Skincare: avoiding regular contact with detergent means your hands won’t get cracked and dry.
- Plate care: follow the instructions in your user manual, and your dishwasher will take great care of your dinnerware and utensils.
- Tidier kitchen: by allowing you to store dirty dishes out of sight, your dishwasher will help your kitchen look neat and tidy.
The best models on the market
The following models are some of the best you’ll find on the market at the moment, not just in terms of style, capacity, and efficiency, but also in terms of price. In fact, the majority of those mentioned here are available for under 700$.
- Bosch SMS57E28EU: This model comes with five wash programs and an automatic detergent dispenser.
- Klarstein Amazonia: When in use, the Klarstein Amazonia is practically silent. It can either be installed as a freestanding unit or integrated into your existing furniture.
- Indesit DFG 15B 10 EU: this is one of the best models on the market at the moment, featuring an anti-flood system and 4 wash programs.
- Edesa URBAN-V2X: This model features anti-leak protection and includes up to 6 wash programs.
Despite being a common feature in homes since the 1970s, many people still have doubts about the long-term benefits of owning a dishwasher. That said, recent surveys show that more and more people are choosing to install one.
Take the time to study the different options on the market, and what each model has to offer. Once you’ve done that, the only thing you’ll have to do is think about your budget, and how it will impact your water and electricity bills.