Why Does so Much Dust Accumulate Under the Bed?
When you clean your home and focus on your bedroom, you probably have one pressing question: why does so much dust accumulate under the bed? The answer involves a series of factors that introduces dirt into our homes.
We can take care of cleanliness on a daily basis by ventilating our homes and maintaining weekly hygiene, but the dust just keeps on appearing! To address this issue, it’s not a question of becoming a cleaning obsessive, but it’s worth taking stock of our daily lives and routines.
Believe it or not, the activities we carry out at home make our furniture, floors, and walls dirty. Obviously, this doesn’t happen quickly but it does build up over time.
Dust under the bed, how does it get there?
The more movement there is in a home, the more dust will move through all the spaces. As we wander through different rooms we generate currents of air that move hair, lint, and other debris that adhere to furniture and the floor.
To all this, we must add any potential personal hygiene negligence of the occupants. Equally, if a proper home cleaning regime isn’t carried out, it encourages the accumulation of dust, especially in areas that aren’t always visible.
Taking all of this into consideration, the appearance of dust under the bed is due to its displacement and how it sticks to areas that we don’t pass through or ventilate. This doesn’t benefit us at all.
Apply caution with pets
Domestic pets, such as cats and dogs shed a lot of hair. These mix with the dust itself and form large fluff balls that eventually end up under the bed. For this reason, it’s necessary to intensify your cleaning when you have pets.
Keep in mind that pets not only create dirt but also displace dirt by constant movement. So it’s a good idea to brush them regularly in order to remove excess fur. Equally, it’s important to teach them that the bed isn’t a suitable place for them to reside.
How to prevent dust from accumulating under the bed
As we’ve mentioned before, we need to analyze our living situation at home. From there, we can determine how to prevent dust buildup under the bed. Let’s see four essential formulas:
- The first thing you should do is maintain a daily cleaning regimen. By this we mean complying with schedules and daily attention. This means that you can apply prevention as the best remedy to avoid greater evils.
- Ventilate your home every morning as it’ll help to refresh the environment and the air itself will help move the dust towards the ground where it can be easily collected.
- One of the actions that you must do on a daily basis is mopping and disinfecting your floors. It offers an instant and effective solution in the battle against dust, especially when you mop every corner. Equally, it’s important that you use a good quality mop.
- Make sure you use quality cloths when cleaning your furniture. When you use a poor-quality cleaning cloth, you’re actually moving the dirt from one place to another, to such an extent, that it can fall on the floor. Of course, from here the next step is that it ends up under the bed.
Dusting under the bed creates awareness and prevention
In a family home, several people are living in different bedrooms so it’s very difficult to maintain 100 percent hygiene in all spaces. Therefore, the entire family should be made aware of the need to keep the home in good condition.
Before going to work or school, cleaning tasks must be carried out to prevent the accumulation of dust under the bed. If all occupants are aware of the needs of the home and work together to achieve this, then it’ll be kept in a good state of cleanliness and order.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Rognoni, Patrizia: La limpieza integral de la casa, Barcelona, De Vecchi, 2012.