Using Eggplant Purple in Decoration To Create Elegance
When it comes to choosing a unique, different, and innovative color, you might have doubts about the best option, what you like, and how to make it work. Next, we’re going to take a closer look at using eggplant purple in decoration.
Generally, we see the same shades over and over in the world of interior design. Of course, there are those that easily combine and create a pleasant atmosphere. However, now is the time to take a look at other options and open up your horizons.
What is eggplant purple like?
How do you describe eggplant purple? It’s very close to lilac, but with a slightly darker touch. It’s certainly not a gloomy color, but it creates an energetic, intense aesthetic.
Visually, this color is very pleasant and, above all, unique. It can add something new to the colors in your home. However, it’s not easy to combine this color with others so you should take that into consideration.
If you use eggplant purple in your decoration, it’s for one reason – to create a unique, exclusive environment. Any guest you bring to your home is sure to find the effect very attractive and it will arouse curiosity and charm.
There are many options for home decoration.
Ways to use eggplant purple in decoration
This color isn’t easy to work with. Using it can be a bit complex, but if you have some basic ideas about how it will fit with the rest of the design, you’ll know how to use it in your decoration. We’re going to take a look at 4 options:
- On sofa cushions, this color stands out clearly. If the couch is neutral or dark, it helps create a sophisticated look, which is very appropriate for a boho-chic style.
- On a bedspread, this becomes the centerpiece of the bedroom. This looks great as long as you contrast it with other lighter resources, such as the sheets, pillows, and the headboard.
- A rug in the center of the living room, next to the foot of the bed, or in the bathroom makes the area stand out from the floor. This looks great with white or gray ceramic tiles. However, with wooden floors, it can cause some tension.
- You can use it in other elements, such as lampshades, a vase, curtains, towels in the bathroom, or even a piece of furniture. It creates a different look and adds prominence to these objects.
Eggplant purple on the walls
In the event that you decide to use this color on the walls, you should consider the intensity this can add to a room. There’s no doubt that it generates a bohemian character, full of energy and a unique freshness.
However, if you want to use this color on the walls, you shouldn’t overwhelm the space with more decorative elements of this color. Ideally, you should use this as the main tone and let it dominate.
What colors would it go well with? White is a good option since there’s no aesthetic tension between these colors and they go well together. Grays, blacks, and dark browns, too, are interesting and add to the expressiveness.
The intensity of this color requires that you counter it with another.
Another way to add elegance
The concept of elegance is directly related to eggplant purple. Depending on how you want to use it, you can add to the feeling of beauty in a room.
There is also the option of using this color with bright, resplendent touches as if you’re creating a unique, palatial look. In fact, this color works well with silver to create an elegant, refined appearance.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Gwynn, Kate; Sloan, Annie: El color en la decoración, Blume, 1999.