The Advantages of the LED Light Bulb
The LED light bulb is becoming more and more popular in our homes. Their energy efficiency and ability to save us money are some of their most notable features, but they also have so many others.
The many advantages of the LED light bulb have revolutionized the world of lighting.
This type of light bulb has many advantages over more traditional light bulbs. Its advantages aren’t just related to its high energy efficiency or its long lifespan, but to other, equally important aspects, like the environment.
Over the last decade, incandescent light bulbs have been phased out, because of their poor energy efficiency and high energy consumption.
In today’s article, we’ll discuss the advantages of this type of light bulb, and we’ll also talk about their history and what they actually are.
What exactly are LED light bulbs?
LED light bulbs are a type of light bulb that use diodes to produce light.
Unlike other types of light bulbs, LED bulbs don’t contain glass or resistors that can break easily. This means that they are very durable and hard-wearing light bulbs.
The history of the LED light bulb
LED light bulbs first emerged in Russia back in the 20’s. Although research into this new form of lighting was underway across the whole of Europe, it wasn’t until the 60’s that it really started in earnest, and scientists in the US started making important advances in this technology.
At first, LED bulbs were used to make the power lights in all kinds of electronic devices, such as TVs and radios.
Although they started small, LED light bulbs became more and more important in our world. A world which increasingly values products which don’t just bring advantages for consumers, but also for the environment.
As a result, you could say that LED light bulbs are the light bulbs of the future, leaving behind other bulbs like incandescent, and even energy-saving bulbs.
Advantages of the LED light bulb
The most well-known advantages of the LED light bulb are its energy efficiency, durability, and ability to save us money on our electricity bills.
However, if you dig a little deeper into this type of light bulb, you’ll find that it has even more advantages. These are just some examples:
- They don’t produce heat: you don’t have to worry about burning yourself when changing LED light bulbs.
- Durable: LED light bulbs have a long lifespan of approximately 60,000 hours if they’re on for 12 hours a day. This means that for 11 years, more or less, you won’t have to worry about changing your light bulbs. Plus, they don’t simply blow out, but will gradually deteriorate over time.
- Multi-functional: you can use them to light absolutely any space, from swimming pools to bedrooms, and even streetlights.
- Energy efficient: LED light bulbs use a system which means they can produce more light while using less energy. As a result, this type of light bulb can help you use less energy.
- Money saving: the fact that they use less energy will actually be reflected in your energy bills. The less energy they use, the less money you have to pay. Because they have such a long lifespan, it’ll be roughly 11 years before you have to buy new light bulbs. This is also good for your pocket.
- Environmentally friendly: this is one of their biggest advantages. Firstly, LED light bulbs are recyclable. As long as you dispose of them correctly, they can be made into new light bulbs or other objects. Plus, they don’t emit UV or infrared light. Finally, neither do they contain mercury, unlike other types of light bulb.
- Size: finally, LED light bulbs are smaller than other light bulbs. This feature has also helped to revolutionize lamp designs.
As you can see, we would highly recommend that you switch to LED light bulbs.
Not just because of the economic advantages they’ll bring to your family, but also because of the benefits for the planet.
Plus, they aren’t overly expensive compared to other light bulbs. And besides, you’ll soon get back the initial investment you make in the money you’ll save on your electricity bulbs.
What’s more, their durability means that you can forget about changing your light bulbs every few years and spending lots of money lighting your home.