DIY Halloween Decorating Ideas
Halloween is getting closer and the spooky season will soon be in full swing. As such, it’s time for you to discover five DIY Halloween decorating ideas to help you decorate your home in a unique way.
Our ideas mean that you don’t need to invest a lot of money and you can reuse several items that you probably already have at home. Ready for a “spooktacular” result? Keep reading to learn more!
Five Halloween decorating ideas
Halloween is one of the most fun and anticipated celebrations of the year. It causes a stir and creates excitement among children and adults because it involves putting on makeup, eating sweets, and decorating. The latter is something that we all particularly love doing!
Without further ado, we’ll explain how to create the most impressive DIY Halloween decorations. Trust us, you’ll be both the delight and terror of your neighborhood!
1. Create a crime scene in your garden
If you have a garden in view of all your neighbors, make your first Halloween priority consist of a terrifying crime scene. Here’s how to get started:
- Choose a corner of your garden and remove the earth.
- Lay out a large garbage bag, as if it’s covering a body, then secure it to the ground with wooden stakes.
- Purchase a plastic skeleton, and lay it under the garbage bag ensuring that some parts are peeking through.
- Cut plastic yellow bags into strips and use them to cordon off the area.
- Make and hang up a sign that says, “Police Line.”
2. DIY Halloween decorating ideas: make tombstones
Also perfect for decorating your garden, why not create some scary tombstones? You can use recycled cardboard to make them and decorate them with some super scary accessories. Here’s how to get started:
- Cut the cardboard into the shape of a tombstone and paint it gray.
- Use a black marker to add details such as a cross and different dates.
- Secure a wooden slat behind the cardboard and use it to bury the cardboard and secure it in the ground
- Arrange the tombstones in a disorganized way to make them look scarier.
- Decorate them with cotton or silicone cobwebs, and plastic spiders.
- Add a couple of pumpkins, along with lights to illuminate the tombstones at night.
3. Decorate the door to your home
Decorating the door to your home is a must for Halloween. Ready to give your guests and visitors a scary welcome? Here’s how to get started:
- Buy black and orange vinyl or adhesive paper.
- Draw a large pumpkin onto the orange adhesive using the width of your door as a sizing guide.
- Use the black adhesive to create two-dimensional shapes for the eyes and an open mouth full of fangs.
- Add more drama to your door with some cobwebs and spiders.
- Why not buy a plastic hand covered in fake blood? Put in the pumpkin’s mouth for the extra fear factor!
4. DIY Halloween decorating ideas: deliver candy in a bat
If you plan to offer candy to the children who knock on your door or you’re planning to host a party at home, serve the candy in a shockingly spooky way! Here’s how to get started:
- Gather several paper tubes from leftover toilet paper or kitchen towels.
- Paint them in black and use some black pieces of cardboard to make and cut out bat wings.
- Buy some toy eyes and add them to the paper tubes with silicone or draw them on using a gold, white, or silver marker.
- Glue on the bat wings and place a thin piece of string connecting each open end of the tube.
- Once everything is dry, fill your hungry bats with candy, making sure they’re in packaging to avoid any paint contamination.
5. Make an orange potion
Try making an orange potion to complement your Halloween table and wow your guests. Here’s how to get started:
- Buy orange juice in a glass or plastic bottle, as you prefer.
- Tear off the label so the container is fully exposed.
- Draw and cut out some eyes, a nose, and a pumpkin smile from some black adhesive paper. Stick it on both sides of the bottle.
- Complement the decoration with some green streamers to simulate the pumpkin’s stalk.
Can you think of any more DIY Halloween decorating ideas?
We’ve shared five of our favorite DIY Halloween decorating ideas, that both adults and children will love. Inexpensive and simple to make, these decorations will create maximum impact in just a few spooky steps! Enjoy!It might interest you...