Bamboo Roller Blinds: Naturalism and Distinction
At home, we must enjoy all of our resources–whether they’re furniture, decorative or functional. The important thing is that they contribute aesthetically to our whole. For this reason, we’re going to discover bamboo roller blinds and the naturalism and distinction they create in our home interiors.
Surely, you’ve considered (on more than one occasion) how to cover your windows from the inside? As a general rule, we usually resort to curtains. These are a very common component, taking into account that there are many types and they look good in any room.
However, we mustn’t limit ourselves to these traditional stereotypes, since we also have other possibilities that are very interesting. The purpose is that we offer a distinguished, sophisticated, and, at the same time, alternative image.
Bamboo roller blinds: a material that’s becoming more and more popular
In the world of interior design, bamboo is gaining more and more popularity. This is for two reasons: first of all, the resistance and strength of the material, since it offers durability.
Secondly, it has a somewhat unusual external appearance. In fact, it provides exoticism and warmth, both in color and shape. In other words, it’s a completely new element.
This way, we can emphasize its participation in any room which can be noticeable, especially if it’s visible. It’s often used on tables, shelves, walls and, obviously, on windows.
Main qualities of bamboo roller blinds
Before placing a decorative element in our homes, we must be convinced of its effectiveness and its appearance. Undoubtedly, they’re two principles that must be present–providing comfort and, in addition, a good image. Let’s see some characteristics of this type of blind:
- They’re formed from different strips joined together by threads. However, the latter isn’t perceived and goes completely unnoticed. In this way, full stability is achieved.
- They limit the entrance of light, but they don’t do this fully. There are small spaces in between that sift the light. Thus, a certain degree of darkness is achieved and a greater feeling of freshness is obtained.
- We have the ability to roll up the blind if we require more light. It’s not complicated to handle and they’re very easy to install. Simply fix some screws and pins to achieve a permanent fitting.
- Regarding the weight, it’s quite light–to such an extent that there’s hardly any effort required to use it and much less for handling. If you want to change it, it can be removed and inserted without any inconvenience.
- It’s pleasant to the touch, it doesn’t generate allergies nor does it give off strange aromas. Actually, it’s very soft and visually, it becomes a very interesting complement for the rest of your decorative resources. In other words, it relates very well to any environment.
Bamboo roller blinds can combine with the rest of your decor
One aspect to take into account is its combination with the rest of your decorative elements. How else can you contribute? To answer this question, you first have to know what kind of tonality it can offer.
Normally, the color of bamboo is light brown. It’s also available in darker tones and shades such as beige, ocher or garnet. Nowadays, special treatments have been carried out on this type of wood to achieve a specific tonality.
In this sense, we must assess the way it appears in our interiors. It relates very well to any resource, regardless of its color, and conveys naturalism and sophistication.
A product at an exemplary price
We couldn’t ignore the price! Instead of spending on other types of curtains or window coverings, these types of bamboo roller blinds are inexpensive and it’s a quality product.
You’ll find bamboo roller blinds in any decor store or online. You just need to know the measurements of the frame where it’ll be located and, from there, buy the one that best suits you.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Innes, Malcolm: Iluminación en interiorismo, Blume, 2012.
- Minguet, Josep María: Todo habitación por habitación. Interiorismo, Instituto Monsa Ediciones, 2006.