Astronomy Decorations for Your Home
Astronomy is one topic that just about everyone is fascinated by. But people show their appreciation for it in lots of different ways. One interesting way is using astronomy decorations for your home. It may seem a bit unusual, but it can look amazing.
You"ve probably seen at least a few stores that sell these kinds of things in the course of your life. If you think about it, there are lots of different things that can work as a great form of decoration.
You don"t have to fill every square inch of your home with astronomy decorations, though. The goal is to use them in dynamic, alternative ways. That means choosing the things you like best and decorating your interior spaces with a touch of astronomy here and there.
Curtains that shine all on their own
Curtains with patterns and images related to space aren"t too common in interior design. They"re actually very versatile, though. It"s simply an issue of knowing how to combine them well with the rest of your decor scheme to achieve a great overall look.
One great option is curtains that have a realistic image of the stars. The main colors with something like this are usually dark blue and black. There will also be white and golden dots and specks from the stars. A related option is to choose curtains that show the constellations.
That"s not all, though. You can also choose to use this theme for shower curtains. Of course, they"re a great choice for children"s rooms, too. You can have all kinds of things like stars, rockets, planets, and the moon on them. In this case, they"ll be much less realistic, and possibly more like cartoons, to make them better for kids.
What you want out of this kind of decoration is the sense of balance and calm that the universe gives off.
Popular small decorations
You"ve probably had some kind of astronomy-related decorations at some point in your life. You probably see them all the time online, too, or in specialty stores that have quirky or unique decor elements.
- A planet ceiling mobile is one of the most common of all these. This is a classic school project, so why not use one as a decoration for your home? It hardly takes up any space and you can hang it from your ceiling for a great added touch to a room.
- Moon-shaped lamps are also very popular. You can find them in spherical or crescent shapes. They also come as table lamps or the kind you hang from the ceiling. They generally give off a soft light that helps you get better sleep and wind down at the end of the day.
- Unsurprisingly, vinyl wall stickers are also a common way to do astronomy decorations. You"ll find these with all kinds of themes and colors, though most have the outline of a star, constellation, or planet, like Saturn.
- We also love paintings and prints with images of the animals in the zodiac in a circle. Basically, they"re a representation of each of the animals in the order they come.
Astronomy-related wall panels
If you want to add some astronomy decorations that truly stand out in your home, wall panels are a great option. They"ll become the centerpiece of whatever room you put them in. Here are the two most interesting types:
- On the one hand, you have the kind that come in multiple frames of different sizes. What unifies them is that they"re all part of one larger image, so putting them together gives you the full picture.
- Another option is to use the kind that cover an entire wall. In this case, you"ll put them on a large surface, and take up the entire wall with this astronomy-related content. The goal here is to create a fantastical feeling in the room, which is especially good for children"s rooms.
Other good bedroom ideas
There are lots of other options for bedroom astronomy decorations, too. If you can believe it, your bedspread is one of those! There are lots out there with star and constellation patterns, either in realistic or cartoonish designs.
Don"t forget about the ceiling, though. Remember those classic, glow-in-the-dark stars that light up your room when the lights are off and make you feel like you"re looking up at the night sky? Outside of that, there are also lots of vinyl decals and panels you can put on the ceiling.
There are lots and lots of possibilities for decorating your home with astronomical themes. Pick the ones you like best and bring the universe right into your home!It might interest you...