5 Tips to Prepare Your Garden For Summer
Once spring ends, taking with it the rainy season with irregular temperatures, it’s time to enjoy the good weather outside. We’re going to look at 5 tips to prepare your garden for summer.
It’s now possible to get more out of the area outside your house. Obviously, you need the appropriate atmospheric conditions and a pleasant climate to perform the required maintenance.
Gardens are the perfect setting to arrange plants and decorations. The garden is a place to entertain guests, celebrate, relax, or sunbathe. However, to do this, you want it to be in perfect condition.
1. Get rid of weeds and prepare the garden for summer
During the spring months, vegetation can grow and develop excessively. If you don’t deal with the growth during the spring, it might become wild.
The best tool to use is a mower. With this, you can get the work done efficiently and in a short time. So first, you should use a mower. This way, you can clear the entire surface, start with smooth ground, and start preparing the lawn.
As soon as you see the full area of the yard, you’ll have numerous ideas about how to take advantage of the space and improve it.
Summer is synonymous with enjoying the outdoors.
2. Restore the lawn
The lawn might be a bit patchy in parts or not in great condition. This doesn’t look good and also isn’t nice to walk on. Therefore, we’re going to look at 3 ways to solve this problem:
- Once you’ve noticed a patchy area of grass, you need to pay special attention to that area and also remove the weeds. Afterward, you can use soil to fill in this space.
- For grass to grow properly, you should apply compost, seeds, and topsoil. The best time to plant is in the autumn. However, you might want it in good condition for the summer so you should take care of it as soon as possible.
- Finally, you’ll need to water it to make sure it grows. A lawn requires a lot of water, but you don’t want to overdo it either. For example, you shouldn’t make the area too wet.
3. Flowers to prepare your garden for summer
When preparing your garden for summer, you have to include flowers! They are the colorful contribution that it needs. It’s a way to add a little magic to the exterior of the house.
Areas to the side of the lawn are the best locations for flowers. Also, flowerpots are a great resource, both on the ground or hanging. You could even consider the idea of lining a stone path.
Depending on the combination you want, this will help you decide what species of flowers. In fact, imagine you’re painting the garden since the color will give vibrancy and charm.
4. Decoration in the garden for summer – what to choose?
Another important thing is choosing the type of decoration. Depending on how you want to use the garden, this will affect the furniture and resources you consider. Let’s take a look at 3 fundamental criteria:
- If you want to have an area to relax with padded armchairs and a central table, this can be a great place to have a chilled afternoon or a gathering with friends. In fact, you can even put up a pergola or a tent.
- On the other hand, if you want to use the garden as an area to enjoy the sun, lounge chairs and hammocks are a great way to go.
- If you want a more comfortable and functional area, you can put down a wooden floor so that furniture is more stable and easier to place.
5. Lighting – ways to create a pleasant atmosphere
Summer evenings are great to share with others. Therefore, having good lighting helps create peaceful moments.
While retractable lights are more and more common for home exteriors, you shouldn’t forget about the options for lanterns and lamps to light paths.
If we have to choose one resource for summer evenings, lighting is perfect to generate a peaceful, tranquil vibe. In short, any of these options will help you create the perfect garden for summer.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- AA. VV.: Materiales de floristería, Paraninfo, 2015.
- Stevens, David: Una habitación en exterior: diseñar el jardín en casa, Blume, 2008.