Wax Bars: What They Are and How to Make Them
Wax bars have become a trend in recent times. In Spain, they are known as aromatic wax bars and are a natural decoration element.
In addition to decorating your rooms, they decorate and perfume. And the best thing is that you can make them yourself from the comfort of your home. Curious? Continue reading.
What are wax bars?
Surely your grandmother, or the grandmother of a friend, left small soaps in her drawers of clean clothes. Or she hung sachets with dried natural flowers inside her closets. An ancient but infallible technique that left various clothes sweetly scented.
Today, that technique returns in the form of bars. Wax bars are made from wax, essential oils, herbs, and dried flowers. Its main function is to leave your wardrobes and clothes naturally scented. But being so beautiful they have become, at the same time, an object of decoration.
You can also use them as an accompaniment to a gift or as a souvenir of an important event, such as a baptism, a wedding, or a birthday. Or, you can simply place them in your bathroom or your car.
They are much cheaper than other options on the market with the same function. You can buy them ready-made or create your own wax bars.
How to make wax bars or homemade wax bars?
This is a very simple craft that only requires a few products and your imagination. Choose the scents that you like the most (rose, jasmine, or lavender) and combine them with oils and colors.
- Paraffin wax (you get it in online or craft stores) or beeswax (in specific candle stores).
- Silicone molds.
- Dried or fresh flowers.
- Fruit chunks or cinnamon (or both).
- Favorite essences.
- Leather or a fine bow (to hang them).
- Pot or container suitable for melting the wax.
- Wooden toothpick.
Steps to make wax bars at home
- The first thing you have to do is melt the wax in a water bath. This process can take up to half an hour, but it must be done slowly so that it melts well.
- While you have the wax on the heat, you prepare the silicone molds. Remember that you can use shapes that you like the most and you can even combine different molds.
- Once the wax is melted, you pour it into the silicone molds without filling them completely. You need to leave room to add the natural ingredients.
- Inside the wax, you place the essences that you have chosen. Ideally, 4-5 drops for each mold. Then, you stir with the toothpick to integrate the fragrance well.
- Now it"s time to add the flowers, fruits, branches, and everything else you want to include. You place them directly on the wax to give it that natural look that you like so much.
- Finish with a thin layer of wax. You can completely cover or leave some of the natural ingredients that you have added to decorate your bars on show.
- You must let the wax bars dry for at least 1 hour, before removing them from the mold.
- When they are completely dry, you make a hole to pass a rope or tape through. Your wax bars are ready!
In short, wax bars are a way of taking up certain traditions and going back to nature. Dare to unleash your imagination and start creating.It might interest you...