The Best Colors for your Bedroom and How to Combine them
The bedroom is one of the areas of our homes that we spend most time in. That’s why the decoration needs to create a sense of well-being. This is especially true when it comes to the color of our walls. So, we’re going to show you the best colors for your bedroom, and how to combine them with other colors.
Your main goal should be to create a sense of harmony throughout your bedroom. If you manage to create a dialogue between the walls, the decoration and the bedding, you’ll create a great overall look.
You also have to remember how important it is to make your bedroom a place of rest and relaxation. The choice of colors is therefore essential, as they can promote well-being and help you to relax.
Take a good look at your decor
The first step is to try to understand which colors will look best in your room. Obviously, the other decorative elements will influence the color you choose.
So, once you’ve worked out which furniture and decorations you want, you can then go on to choose the colors which will work best, tailoring them to your own personal taste.
The best colors for your bedroom
Which colors are best for bedroom walls? You don’t have to simply choose them at random; every color brings its own character and feelings. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting:
- Salmon: this is a warm, calm color, which is more muted and will go well with furniture and lots of other colors, whether browns, greens or whites.
- White: this color always goes well with others, bringing a sense of freshness, purity and clarity. However, it can stain easily.
- Sky blue: this color conveys a sense of peace, tranquility and calm. It’s maybe better suited to children’s bedrooms, however, it can also work well in adults’ bedrooms.
- Dark blue: if you’re looking to create a more somber and intimate room that isn’t so intense, dark colors like this can add a lot of character and style.
- Neutral tones (grays and browns): the colors in this category can be considered neutral in the sense that they go well with any decorative element and create a sense of visual harmony. They are less intense, and can go almost unnoticed.
- Purple: this color is more daring, but it can also create a room that’s a bit different – more relaxed, more bohemian or elegant, depending on the decoration and the furniture you use along with it.
Color has got me. From this day on, color and I are one.
Combining colors in your bedroom
You might want to paint your wall with a combination of two different colors. Obviously, they need to establish a connection and create a dialogue. A bad combination can create a sense of discomfort and aversion to your own bedroom.
Often, it can be difficult to establish a connection between different colors. You need to know how to create a well thought-out color combination, rather than an improvised one. So next, we’ll give you some ideas for some great color combinations:
- Gray and dark blue: the contrast between these colors creates a peaceful, somber elegant and relaxed atmosphere. These cold colors work great together in interior design.
- Browns: if you use brown tones, with one lighter than the other, they will already have a direct link to one another, which will help to create dialogue.
- Green and white: if you choose green, it’s best to use darker tones. This will create a contrast between the green and the purity of the white.
- Red or orange and white: if you prefer a more intense and daring color, reds or oranges can bring a sense of freshness and intensity.
“There are colors which attract by their grace, and others which repel with rage.”
Color and lighting
The link between colors is also determined by the lighting. It can highlight the colors, making them stronger or brighter depending on the color itself.
Lighter colors like blue, white, green and salmon will gain in intensity, and in turn make the room seem brighter.
Conversely, dark colored bedrooms will need a lot of natural light. That way, you can still see the shape of the room, and the color won’t overwhelm the rest of the decor.It might interest you...