The Perfect Picnic Area for Your Garden
You just have to have a picnic area in your garden where you can celebrate special occasions or just enjoy an outdoor meal.
A garden is a space where you can work with original resources and have some exclusively for outdoor use, as is the case of a picnic area. In addition, it offers endless decoration possibilities. A particular and interesting case is a picnic area for your garden.
When there’s good weather, you probably like to spend time outdoors to enjoy the sunshine. If you have a big garden where you can do leisure activities, it’s worth keeping it in a good state so you can use it regularly.
You shouldn’t only decorate the inside of your home. You can make outdoor spaces pop as well with an attractive aesthetic. A picnic area can be very useful for any celebration or event that brings many people together.
Set it up in the right place
You can set up a picnic area in many places within your garden. Study the location well because it’ll be intended for functions related to the picnic area.
Placing it in the middle of your garden isn’t the same as having it in a corner. If your picnic area is on one side, then you can use your garden for other things, such as a small orchard or a swimming pool.
What we’re referring to with all of this is that it isn’t necessary to give your picnic area center stage. Instead, it can complement your garden and the decor.
Wooden picnic tables
The most common picnic areas you’ll see in most gardens, parks and campsites are made of wood and seat several people at once.
- This system allows people to be face to face.
- They consist of wooden beams joined to a table and two benches at the sides.
- You can paint or decorate picnic tables in many ways. However, it’s quite common to see unpainted wooden picnic tables.
- These tables don’t take up too much space in a garden and have are functional.
In addition, a different format is a gazebo. You can place it in the center of your garden. It doesn’t have to be very big. Just make sure it can fit a table and some chairs!
- It’s usually made of wood, including the roof itself.
- During the summer, it’s ideal to eat lunch or dinner there, mainly because it provides shade.
- It can also take the form of a pergola, which would be a picnic area with a fabric roof and thin columns.
- The good news is that it’s open to the outdoors and allows you to enjoy the hot weather.
Made with building materials
A very original and common format is to build a picnic area with stones or bricks so that it extends from the house to the outside, like a porch.
- You can place four columns or corners, along with a roof. This is a fixed structure, meaning you won’t be able to remove it at any time.
- It’s a perfect place for summer evenings.
- Ideally, you should ensure it has tiled or wooden floors.
- This style would be different compared to the previous examples, as you can enclose it with screens and make a type of room inside your garden.
With this type of picnic area, you’ll be able to enjoy a lot more time in your garden.
A really comfortable picnic area
You can also set up a picnic area with long sofas or armchairs where you can sit and relax. It’s very easy, as you only need comfortable seating with cushions and a center table.
The important thing is to make sure it’s a place you can chill out. Maybe this format isn’t as suitable for meals and celebrations. Instead, it’s best for more leisurely activities, such as reading, as it conveys a sense of relaxation.
In short, you should choose the picnic area that best suits your needs. It’ll be the best way to enjoy your garden and exploit all its resources.