Stainless Steel Tiles - Innovation and Avant-Garde
The most resistant materials are those that guarantee durability, comfort, and consistency. As a general rule, we look for the best for the home and, thanks to technology, we have the best solutions on the market; therefore, we’re going to learn about stainless steel tiles.
The style that predominates in the home must reflect a personal touch to make the most of new technical processes. It’s a matter of discovering what’s really functional and attractive.
The designs that you use in interiors must offer the best quality. Normally, ceramics and stone are the main resources on walls and floors. However, there are plenty of other options that can be interesting.
The qualities of stainless steel
One of the most important qualities of stainless steel is its ability to resist corrosion. It’s a practical resource to build interiors, even if there is moisture.
The metal has a layer that prevents damage. It’s not affected by the natural factors that exist in the interior of the home, but it can suffer damage through agents such as acid.
Despite its strength, stainless steel has to be looked after. Although it’s firm and strong, it has to be treated with care.
An appropriate product to be used at home.
Stainless steel tiles – uses within the home
How can this material be used in the home? Of course, it’s usually found in household appliances, but it also has other applications, including infrastructures. Let’s look at some examples:
- The two rooms where stainless steel works best are the kitchen and the bathroom. Keep in mind that, depending on its appearance, it can work in places such as the living room, hallway, entrance, or bedroom to achieve coherent combinations.
- One of the most common formats is rectangular tiles, set in rows and fixed onto the wall. They don’t have to occupy an entire wall, in fact, they look better if they are only on one wall, such as the counter and the sink to make cleaning easy.
- Another fascinating design is those that are geometric in the shape of hexagons or octagons. A balanced and dynamic framework is built where each piece fits perfectly to produce a feeling of sustainability and aesthetic effectiveness.
- As for the checkerboard system, this is very popular in the world of interior design. A logical shape is formed on the wall that can help to generate order and harmony – the basic criteria for a room to present a sophisticated touch.
Chromatic contribution to interiors
Generally, stainless steel tiles are silver or chrome tones. This material looks good in its original form and shows simplicity and distinction. In addition, it conveys a sophisticated, elegant, and modern feel.
It’s the opposite of traditional materials and resources, such as wood or stone. It can also appear in golden or copper tones which can be very striking.
What styles can you work with?
The style of this type of tile can be somewhat varied. It tends to popular in modern and contemporary environments.
It’s still an avant-garde component, typical of the 20th and 21st centuries, hence it works in minimalist, futuristic or industrial styles.
Ultimately, stainless steel tiles provide benefits of all kinds, whether you consider aesthetics or durability.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Montes de Oca, Irina; Risco, Lucía: Apuntes de diseño de interiores, Lima, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, 2016.