Practical Kitchen Furniture: Bar Stools
No kitchen is complete without some beautiful and practical bar stools.
Kitchen furniture is designed to be practical, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be beautiful too. In this article, we want to take a closer look at bar stools.
We often choose furniture simply because we like the way it looks or feels. However, it’s important to consider other factors, such as how practical it will be, and how well it will meet your day-to-day needs.
The bar stool is a really practical kitchen item. Unlike traditional chairs where you can sit for hours, bar stools are designed to be used for only short periods of time.
Their size and design make bar stools a useful piece of furniture if you just want to sit down for a moment to carry out a short, simple task.
Obviously, you can have more than just one bar stool in your kitchen, especially if you have a large family. They are best suited to meals such as breakfast, where people often don’t have much time to eat.
As we’ve already mentioned, stools aren’t really designed for you to sit back, relax and get comfortable for long periods of time. They’re more like somewhere you can lean for a second while you grab a quick bite to eat.
– The bar stool is a practical and functional piece of kitchen furniture.
Bar stools and open-plan kitchens
Open-plan kitchens are large and spacious rooms, that are often combined with living rooms. So, how can you incorporate bar stools into this kind of space?
- Open-plan kitchens often feature a central island, which helps save space and gives you additional room for cooking and other activities. These islands are the perfect place for bar stools.
- It’s best to place bar stools somewhere out of the way, but where you can still use them for short meals such as breakfast.
- If you have enough space, you could put stools either side of your island so that it’s easier to talk to people.
- In terms of functionality, open-plan kitchens are unparalleled, allowing you to grab a quick meal and go, without wasting too much time.
If you’re looking for an innovative way to decorate your kitchen, the open-plan style is a great choice and one that is becoming more and more popular in homes around the world. In turn, bar stools are also rising in popularity.
Types of bar stool
Bar stools come in many different styles and designs. Some have backrests, while others don’t. But which is more comfortable? Obviously, stools with backrests offer greater support and are generally more comfortable than those that don’t.
Here are just some of the types of bar stool you can find on the market:
- Terek: this model is commonly found in bars and cafes. They are simple in design, with a square seat and no backrest.
- Wrought iron stools: this is a much more elaborate design. They are a little heavier than other models, but the intricate wrought iron frame gives them a beautiful, elegant look.
- Leather bar stools: good quality leather stools are often far more comfortable than other models. The structure itself is often made of wood, and they can come with or without a backrest.
- Franklin: you can find these stools at IKEA. They have a very simple design with a high backrest and are made of a combination of wood and metal. However, they have one feature most bar stools don’t usually have: they can be neatly folded away when you’re not using them.
There is a huge range of stools on the market, so it can sometimes be difficult to choose. The most important thing to keep in mind is the material. We wouldn’t recommend buying plastic stools, as they often get scratched easily, and quickly wear out over time. If possible, it’s better to go for good quality – if slightly more expensive – material.
Where to buy bar stools
Most large furniture stores will sell a good variety of bar stools. You can either go to a store or shop online. Here is a short list of some of the main places you can buy bar stools:
- IKEA: of course, IKEA has a huge range of stools to choose from. Take a look online to see what they have to offer.
- Wayfair: this store has a range of beautiful and elegant bar stools.
- Pottery Barn: this specialist home store naturally has a great range of kitchen furniture.
– When it comes to interior design, every element counts.