Wooden Shelves - Designs and Formats
Wooden shelves are very common as they provide interesting interior design formats. As there’s a wide variety, it’s a good idea to analyze the different options you can find on the market.
We all like to keep our books organized and decorate with picture frames and plants. For this, you need to resort to elements that can help keep everything well-organized and looking beautiful. This is the best way to achieve attractive and refined decoration.
Before installing wooden shelves, you must take into account the measurements and how many you need. Remember that the goal is for them to become another piece of furniture that contributes to the harmony of an entire room. Therefore, we’re going to tell you all about this resource and how to use it in your home.
The basic format for bedrooms and living rooms
If you don’t want to make things complicated, you have the option of using basic shelves that don’t clash and fit in with any style. This format is functional and adapts to any space, without generating any type of aesthetic tension.
Wooden shelves aren’t only used as supports. In fact, they’re also decorative resources. But people usually don’t pay a lot of attention to them nor believe them to be important.
In fact, they simply consider them another piece of furniture. Those that are simple and basic consist of separate shelves and fit perfectly into any room, as they can be big, small, narrow, or long.
You must remember to choose ones that go with the rest of the furniture to avoid generating aesthetic tension.
Complex and sophisticated designs
On the other hand, you can go for wooden shelves with designs and ornaments. Also, some have different structures that allow you to create a more original and distinguished aesthetic. Here are some interesting examples:
- You can turn an old disused staircase into shelves. All you have to do is place shelves on each step and, from there, turn it into an orderly structure that attracts attention due to its uniqueness.
- Another option is wooden shelves that have a specific shape. For example, those that simulate the shape of a house, those that are shaped like letters, or those that represent an animal or a figure.
- A design that’s become very successful in recent years are tree-shaped shelves. This design has “branches” that function as shelves but that have an irregular format.
- Also, there are big or small models that you can arrange in different heights. For example, they’re ideal to build a library.
- Another option is to use recycled boxes. You can install them however it suits you. This way, you can achieve a vintage look.
Wooden shelves hung with ropes
To give your home a more sophisticated and innovative touch, hanging rope shelves are a good choice. What can they contribute? Fundamentally, they create a different aesthetic than what you’re used to.
You can hang them from the wall or ceiling with a rope that individually holds each wooden shelf. It’s important for them not to hang in the middle of a room because they may swing if there’s a draft.
Therefore, it’s best for you to mount them directly on the wall, as the idea is for them to be functional. They’re much more original than other types of shelves!
Combination of metal and wood
You may find wooden shelves with metal structures. They’re actually quite popular, especially to furnish student dorms, children’s rooms, or modern houses.
Undoubtedly, they should receive some aesthetic recognition but not become the main decorative element in a room. For this reason, they’re suitable for offices, bedrooms, corridors, and living rooms.
In short, you can use any of the options we’ve shared in this article for interiors. Remember that the important thing is to mix and match them well with the rest of the decorative elements.