Why Do You Get Bored of Home Decorations?
Changes are good. We all know that. Seeking alternatives and improving personal conditions are mechanisms that allow us to escape from the ordinary, the basic, and the simple. That is why we ask the following question: why do we get bored of home decorations?
Every day, when we wake up, our brain becomes used to certain routines. And when we break those routines, we feel confused and it’s hard to get back on track. This also happens in the interior design world. We have the same resources for a long period of time and we get used to a particular design.
Are humans creatures of habit? We could ask the question every day all year-round and the answer would be the same: yes. We often find security in conservative attitudes, but to take risks and to make changes is very appealing.
Is it good to always have the same decorations?
When you buy a house, we try to add our personal touch. If you create a good design and a good distribution, you get a comfortable and cozy place, which is what you want.
Over the years, you maintain the same decoration. You can add something new or improve something in the house, but the structure remains the same. Clearly, you like it and you feel comfortable, but why not change and offer a new look of the house?
Psychologists recommend making changes in our lives, doing things we’re not used to, and to be brave when we have to decide something. We can do that with a house. The important thing is to evolve and innovate.
We are creatures of habit, but at the same time, we want new challenges.
What to do when we get tired of our house decorations
Throughout our lives, our personality changes, we dress differently, our hobbies change, we become more mature, we change our perspective, etc. The same thing happens at home. We want things to match our changes.
- To keep the same decorations is boring, but it encourages you to find things that invigorate the room. If you limit yourself to maintain certain characteristics, you’ll feel empty.
- When you change the interior of your house, it means a personal change; that is, you’re moving forward and giving the house new characteristics. That’s why you feel proud of the changes and boast about your achievements.
- It’s tedious to always maintain the same look of the rooms. It is boring to see the same thing over the years, so you need to set new goals and redesign your rooms.
- When you see a different aesthetic approach, it helps you improve. You want to spend more time with the family, you want to invite friends over, you want to enjoy time with your partner, etc. These are ultimately all benefits.
- You should jump in the deep end and try new decorative patterns: paint the walls another color, buy newer furniture, redo a room, try to make more open-plan spaces.
The conservative attitude is in the past
So far, we’ve analyzed ideas that prove the need to improve. But it’s not advisable to change house decorations continuously or too often. The goal is to pursue an objective and turn it into a challenge.
Evolving means to end with conservative procedures and introduce new elements that invigorate spaces. You don’t have to repeat what you know already but use creativity and imagination.
If you get used to maintaining the same traditional decor, you won’t move forward. You’ll become stagnant and get tired of decorating quickly.
You shouldn’t get used to easy things but set new goals.
The start of a new life
If you assess our house, you’ll probably see that you’ve had the same design and furniture for a long time. And you’ll realize why you’re tired of the decor.
The truth is that when you have something new, you like to enjoy it, and it becomes something that pleases you.
Therefore, it’s advisable to change your house decorations and “make a fresh start”. It will make you feel renewed and have a sense of purpose.
- Ventura, Anna: 1000 ideas prácticas en decoración del hogar, Universe Publishing, 2003