How to Use Metal Chains in Interior Design
While it might not be very common, metal chains are a great way to decorate your home. These simple elements can be used to create a innovative look, breaking with convention to produce something truly avant-garde.
We don’t usually see metal chains in interior decor. In fact, they’ve never really been associated with one decorative style in particular. Even so, they can be really useful decorative items.
When it comes to using metal chains, it’s important to choose the right decorative style to combine them with. After all, it’s their surroundings that will ultimately determine how well these chains will work in your home.
Using metal chains in your decor – style and aesthetics
As we’ve already mentioned, metal chains have never played a huge role in interior decor. For most people, they are purely functional objects.
In recent years, we’ve started to see more and more chain-inspired jewelry on the market, designed to create a more informal and dynamic look. You’ve probably seen many chain-style bracelets and necklaces in jewelry stores.
Incorporating decorative chains in your home is a great way to move away from traditional, everyday interior design, toward new and more exciting decorative trends.
– Break with the norm and bring your decor to life.
Decorating with metal chains – lamps
Metal chains are often used to decorate lamps – let’s take a look at how to do it:
- Metal chains can be used to create a beautiful waterfall effect for your lamps. Attach the chains around the edge of the lampshade, using a variety of different lengths to give it a more dynamic look. The chains will direct the light down into the room, making it seem brighter.
- Chains are also a great way to hide wires and cables. Simply wind them around the length of the cable for a chic and stylish look.
- Alternatively, you could use metal chains to hang light bulbs from the ceiling.
- In fact, metal chains can be used to hang all kinds of things, from lamps and light bulbs to plants and decorations.
– Most objects can be used for interior decor. All you need is a little ingenuity and a lot of creativity.
Chain-link curtains are a rare sight these days, especially in city apartments. However, you can still find them in some smaller towns and villages, with many people hanging them just inside their entrance hall.
- Chain-link curtains are made from fine chains of lightweight metal that allow you to pass through easily.
- These curtains are mainly designed to stop flies and mosquitoes from coming into your house. However, they can also be used as a barrier between your home and the outside world.
- If you’re a fan of DIY, you could use colored paper clips or bottle caps to make chain curtains yourself.
Hanging plant pots
Another interesting way to incorporate chains into your decor is to use them to hang plant pots. In this instance, it’s important to choose strong, thick chains that will be able to support the weight.
If you want to give them a more traditional or vintage touch, you could paint your chains to make them look aged or rusty. This can work well with rustic or rural decor.
Whether in the living room, bedroom, or out on the terrace, it’s usually best to hang these plant pots against the wall rather than in the center of the room.
Decorating with metal chains: nautical-style decor
Metal chains also work well with the nautical style, especially if you combine them with decorative anchors. These elements immediately evoke images of rough seas and daring voyages and are a great way to highlight the maritime theme.
There are so many ways you can use chains to brighten up your home. They’re ideal for creating a more informal feel or adding that perfect finishing touch to your industrial-style decor.
Using metal chains in your interiors is a really fun and original idea. Let your creative juices flow, and you’ll find all sorts of interesting ways to incorporate them into your home.It might interest you...